Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub d/c

Croger
Grafter

Plusnet Hub d/c

Hi

My Hub from plusnet has been working fine but about 2-3 months ago it started disconnecting on its own saying it carnt cnnect to broadband then 10 minutes later here or there it reconnects. This has been getting worse and worse over time to point where it d/c every day and sometimes can happen 2-3 times or more a day. is there any tests that can be done to find out if it is the hub that is dying?

20 REPLIES 20
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: Plusnet Hub d/c

Hello @Croger

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your connection. I can see over the last few days you have experienced some drops outs, and have raised this with our faults team. They will contact you once they have investigated the issue.

image15168761995310

Please let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Croger
Grafter

thank you for looking into it for me, its nice to see that it is a problem some where that can be seen was afraid it could be something that couldnt be seen and ignored xD

Croger
Grafter

@SammyM

to give abit more detail on what the hub shows it goes from blue (connected) to flashing orange but not flashing broadband light or wifi light then it may or may not go solid orange with flashing broadband light some times it just comes back online after 1 min like it just did

hope this gives more insight

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @Croger

Thank you for the information, we really appreciate the update. Our faults team will be in touch as soon as possible with  information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Croger
Grafter

Hi

i havent heard anything from the faults team yet is the delay usual?

@SammyM

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @Croger.

Thanks for getting back to us. I will look into this for you and provide  you with an update shortly. Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Croger
Grafter

thank you ^^

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @Croger

I have raised the fault to our supplier, our faults team will be in touch as soon as possible with the next steps. I have updated your ticket here.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Croger
Grafter

thank you very much for your help ^^

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @Croger

No problem, always happy to help. Smiley

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Croger
Grafter

okay so its now been 2 weeks, sorry if im gunna be sounding abit stressed and fustrated but for the last couple of weeks iv heard nothing at all from the fault team and iv had to put up with constantly up and down broadband, in the last hour its been down 3-4 times 1 of them been for at least 20 min's and as it came up it went straight offline again. why am i paying for a service that im not even fully getting? im not getting anywhere near the broadband speed its about 1.20mb/s at max if that the connection is up and down like a bouncy castle and yet im paying full price. considering looking else where at this point if im honest.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that.

I'm looking into this for you and I'll update your account shortly.

[edit]

We aren't seeing as many drops as you're experiencing as shown below

Are you connected over a wired or wireless connection when this happens?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Croger
Grafter

The drops havent been to bad in week and if it does it has been faster but last night it dropped alot in a short space of time. Im connected over wireless and wired and its both that go as the hub flashes orange but no broadband or wifi light come on at all like it shows in the troubleshoot.

by up and down im meaning over the course of the minths this has been happening
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

If I understand the radius chart correctly, if the hours between midnight and 6am are ignored then there has only been one drop in the vdsl connection since the 1st Feb. If the OP is seeing multiple drops in the evening doesn't that indicate a faulty router?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'