Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet Hub One

It's appear that PN have updated new software yesterday. Result in BT IP Profile drop from 77.35 Mbps to 77.34 Mbps because the downstream sync rate have dropped from 79906K to 79903K (rather odd)PN1.jpgPN2.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Re: Plusnet Hub One

I really wish there is a notes of what are the changes for new software version eg: bug fixed etc

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

This software was released Aug/Sep '16. No idea why it's taken so long to get to you Huh

It does contain a fix for an issue that prevented sync on some longer lines/Huawei cabs. That might explain the difference in sync speed. Either that, or it's a coincidence.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@bobpullen

Is there any chance of a locked sticky post on the My Router board, listing the latest firmware per Plusnet supplied router? With release dates and other pertinent info.

Thank you.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

bobpullen - is there any chance to use ICMP on the Hub One for ThinkBroadband BQM? The reason of software was taken so long to sent to my router because I got Hub One from Plusnet in the post that why.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@SpendLessTime wrote:

Is there any chance of a locked sticky post on the My Router board, listing the latest firmware per Plusnet supplied router?

To be brutally honest, I'm not really comfortable taking the responsibility of keeping it up to date/accurate. Also unsure what useful purpose it would serve? Hub Ones will automatically update to the latest firmware iteration once connected to the Internet, so customers should always be on the latest build. Whilst I'm not 100% on the policy for Hub Zeroes, I doubt it differs too significantly.

As for legacy devices, they're unlikely to receive much in the way of significant updates.

@goldenfibre wrote:

bobpullen - is there any chance to use ICMP on the Hub One for ThinkBroadband BQM?

Not any time soon I'm afraid Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@bobpullen

It was just so that people could quickly see what the latest version is, rather than them assuming an update is a new version (in general not just to them). Really to stop threads where someone says a new version is out, when clearly it isn't.

It doesn't affect me as I always use my own kit, just thought it might be a nice feature for someone (not necessarily yourself) to author and help out the consumers of Plusnet products.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@bobpullen the hub one has a new software updated 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated 11/09/17

What changed of fixes since?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The newer firmware was primarily rolled out to address the issue discussed here. There are a few other bug fixes, but nothing that I've ever seen grumbled about round these parts.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team