cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One won't connect to my DLink NAS drive, nor my TV for BBC iplayer etc

garlandb

Plusnet Hub One won't connect to my DLink NAS drive, nor my TV for BBC iplayer etc

I recently upgraded to fibre broadband and used the new Hub One I was sent.  I used the help line to sort the connection problem (by entering specific IPv4 Address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS server values) which I was told was a Windows 10 issue.  I've read other posts about similar problems, but nothing has helped.  At present I can't see the NAS (tried turning everything off and rebooting and the TV tuner can't see any connection either.  All my work is on the NAS, so this is very, very irritating.  Is there something I should do with the IPv6 Connectivity settings?  At present it says No network access in LA Connection status.

Everything worked perfectly with my Netgear router.  I'm tempted to ditch the Hub One and try setting that up for the fibre - can't believe a router can't connect to a simple LAN without intervention!!  To do this I presume I'll need different IPv4 settings, how do I know what these should be?

The new speeds are great, but so far completely negated by these problems. Help.

4 REPLIES 4
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet Hub One won't connect to my DLink NAS drive, nor my TV for BBC iplayer etc

As you are now using a new modem/router your devices will have new ip address, if you log into the Hub one and look under network it will tell you whats connected and give you their respective ip address Wink

garlandb

Re: Plusnet Hub One won't connect to my DLink NAS drive, nor my TV for BBC iplayer etc

The problem is nothing shows up at all - just my PC and a networked Linux PC.  All WiFi devices show, but no NAS and no FreeSat tuner connection.  My old Netgear router had lots of set-up options, I can't seem to find much on the Plusnet Hub One

d8smt
Rising Star

I've had the same problem with both my DLINK NASs. I've managed to solve it as follows:

- In the DLINK NAS, login & go to LAN Settings, under LAN Setup on the Settings configuration page

- Choose a static IP address in the range of your routers addresses (eg 192.168.1.80)

- Subnet mask - choose 255.255.0.0   (NOT 255.255.255.0 as this is how it is autoconfigured)

- gateway - your plusnet HubOne address: 192.168.1.1  typically

- DNS1 - as the gateway address above (192.168.1.1)

- DNS2 - LEAVE BLANK. If you fill this it won't work.

Anf hey presto, the DNSs now appear under the computers in Networking on File Explorer. No idea why they won't appear when they are configured correctly or by auto-DHCP.....

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The default IP for the Hub One is 192.168.1.254, not 192.168.1.1.
The fact the Windows 10 machine needed the IP etc. manually configuring rings alarm bells to me, suggests that DHCP wasn't working and that there was an element of static configuration before the router was swapped out.
I suspect some of the connected devices are still manually configured in some respect, and if that's true, they're probably still expecting the gateway address of the Netgear which typically defaults to 192.168.1.1 i.e. different to the Hub One.
In theory, if all devices are set to obtain their IP's etc. automatically then things should 'just work'. There may be additional config required if you want access to the NAS from outside.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵