cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One with Airport Extreme? Or Not?

OrpingtonOne
Hooked

Plusnet Hub One with Airport Extreme? Or Not?

Hi,
My previous Fibre broadband set up was the old BT Openreach modem + Apple Airport Extreme.
However, I have just renewed my contract and Plusnet are going to send me the new Plusnet Hub One, which I understand includes a modem.
If I want to continue using my Airport Extreme (which has worked well for us up until now), can I use this along with the Plusnet Hub One?  Is there any benefit to doing so?  Or should I just leave my existing hardware in place?
Many thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet Hub One with Airport Extreme? Or Not?

Hi
You can continue to use the BT openreach modem if you wish to do so (several pros to this such as the ability of turning off the airport without affecting speeds).
If you wish to continue with the current set up then I'd recommend leave it be and pop your Hub One somewhere safe just in case.
Your Hub One however does have the ability to report logs of activity which is useful - should there be a fault.
Am I understanding correctly that you are already with Plusnet Fibre?
Regards
NE  Smiley
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
OrpingtonOne
Hooked

Hi
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.
Yes - I am already with Plusnet, and have just renewed.  Used to have fibre at my house, had to move out temporarily for renovation works (and no fibre connection available in the temporary place - Exchange Only line), and am just about to move back into my house and restart the fibre service.
Many thanks for the advice.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

No Problem  Smiley
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up