cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One is producing broadcast storm on local network

andrum99

Plusnet Hub One is producing broadcast storm on local network

I've just connected to Plusnet's residential FTTC 40/10 service having been with another ISP. For some reason the supplied Plusnet Hub One router is spamming my local network with a large number of broadcast packets. As with my previous ISP, I've all wired traffic going through a smart switch that has broadcast storm control, but I've never had to use this feature before. I turned it on and set it to the lowest rate - 512Kbps - and it seems to have filtered out most of the rubbish coming from the Plusnet router. Is there a way I can fix the router so it doesn't send out so much rubbish on my local network?

4 REPLIES 4
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Plusnet Hub One is producing broadcast storm on local network

Hello @andrum99,

I am sorry to hear that our router is doing this, it is possible that it is faulty causing it to act in this manner. I have arranged for a new one to be sent out and please get back to us if this still occurs as we will contact our products team at that point.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
andrum99

No need to send out a new router - it seems to just be a feature of the firmware. I'm not seeing nearly as much broadcast traffic now, so whatever was causing it seems to have settled down.

andrum99

I see that this is now showing in my account control panel as if I requested an RMA on the Hub One. I did not. Please cancel the router swap as it is not required.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

No problem @andrum99 I've cancelled the RMA. Thanks for letting us know.