Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One firmware level

FIXED
Macky63

Re: Plusnet Hub One firmware level

Thanks for that. 

The reason I was asking about firmware updates is that the performance I receive particularly on WIFI is extremely variable. When I was typing my previous post I was down to about 3Mbits performance and when I tested it gave me figures of circa 5Mb's down and 1 Mbit up. 

Sometimes performance is fine but like lots of people I now have various pieces of equipment (from phones, tablets, firesticks, Echo's etc) and the performance can be generally dire however not all the time!

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

No problem @Macky63,

The firmware version you are on is not known for wireless stability / performance issues. Is this occurring during certain times of the day? If so, it would be worth checking if you have any electronic devices that could be causing interference such as cordless house phones or baby monitors and temporarily turning them off.

If you cannot identify the cause of interference, could you kindly follow the guide below in splitting the 2.4GHz / 5GHz frequency bands and changing the wireless channel.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'. What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

4) Following the above guide to get to your 'Advanced Settings' page, you will need to change the settings within the 2.4 GHz Wireless tab and the 5 GHz Wireless tab.

5) Under the correct heading, you will need to find 'Channel Selection' on the list and change this from 'Automatic' to any one of the other channels, This can also need doing under '5 GHz Wireless' to cover both signals.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Macky63

Hi

I have the WIFI split / non sync'd anyway. I did that some time ago and it doesn't seem to make any difference. My SSIDS are named differently as well.

We have only recently (in the last 2 months) added devices like Echo Plus and various smart switches (which all work on 2.4Ghz).

I have also tried changing the WIFI channels based on InSSider telling me which channels have least interference. Although admittedly I didn't change 5Ghz as it wasn't clashing on the channel it had chosen.

What happens is that the whole network slows down and I get very slow figures when testing using OOKLA. This is on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Please note that this was happening before any smart devices were added.

Cold booting the router, as you might expect, restores fast service for a time even when all devices are connected.

I did try using my Netgear D6300 router but couldn't get it working so gave up on it!

At a count of devices using the router info I have usually something like 12 devices connected across both frequencies.

It would be less frustrating if it was constant performance whether it be fast or slow (fast ideally!).

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, it sounds like you've tried everything you can do so it's hard to know what else to advise. 

I noticed you mentioned that you had this issue before adding a number of extra devices but can you try removing some just to see if the same issue happens? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jezh

@Gandalf Is this upgrade still scheduled - its not gone through yet.

Thanks

Jez

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry Jez, I missed Bob's response on the messaging system we use. Sad I've re-added your router into the hardware management system, could you factory reset your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds? Once you've done that, your router should be automatically updated within a day or two. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andytay
Rising Star

Hi all,

I have been using the hub one for a few weeks now after removing the old router and modem that i was originally sent when i first signed up.

I noticed that my firmware says "Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated Unknown" will the firmware be pushed out to everyone or do i have to ask for it?

Regards

Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy.

It doesn't look like we've got your router linked to your account or hardware management system which may explain why you're still on the old firmware version. If you can PM me the serial number and MAC number from the label on the bottom I'll be happy to get this added.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andytay
Rising Star

Hi Gandalf,

I have sent you a private message.

regards

Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Andy. I've added this now. If you can factory reset your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds, the firmware should be updated within a day or two.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex40138

Hi

Just registered after browsing for the missing network devices issue

It woould seem my firmware has not been updated since i recieved the hub 2 years ago

F/W version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Alex40138

We've popped a request through to our products team to push this through for you. 

Alex40138

Still hasn't updated

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @bobpullen

Would you mind picking this up please?

Cheers

Dave