Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One firmware level

FIXED
AGibson
Hooked

Re: Plusnet Hub One firmware level

Thanks I will let you know how I get on once I get the update.

AGibson
Hooked

Just to let you know the latest update has been added today. So I will see how it goes and give feedback if any issues questions, thanks again for quick response and getting update to me. Cheers.

IanJF

Hi. My One hub is still running 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1 . Could you add my router to the list?

Many thanks,

Ian

boydie

@bobpullen Having spoken to Support today they have asked that I message you on here to push through the Hub One firmware update .259

My serial number is +081441+NQ71412157

Thanks

Steven

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@boydie, done.

@IanJF, you'll need to message me the full serial number and MAC address of your router because it isn't correctly associated with your account (thus the ancient firmware build it's running).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jezh

Hi

I'm having wifi problems with my samsung TV - it will intermittently drop out. My plusnet hub one is running an old firmware version:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 15/08/17

Serial and MAC address:

Serial number:

+081441+NQ70820474

MAC Address: a4:08:f5:b2:a3:1e

Could I get the firmware updated, if you think this may help my issue.

Thanks

Jez

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jezh 

Are you only noticing issues with your Samsung TV, or other devices as well? 

Is the TV connecting via WiFi or a Wired connection? 

Thanks, 

MoR

jezh

Its usually just the TV - disconnects and then takes ages to reconnect, meanwhile other devices seem to be ok. Its on WiFi

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @jezh

Could you try splitting the wifi frequencies on your router as per this thread here and then allocating the 2.4ghz frequency to your TV to see if that helps?

I'll tag my colleague @bobpullen here to update the firmware at your request to cover all bases.

Best wishes

Dave

jezh

Thanks a lot - I'll give it a go

jezh

I've split the wifi freqs. and still have the problem.

When do you think I'll receive the firmware update?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I've raised the request formally to our products team in case Bob has accidentally missed the notification of being tagged in this thread. I'd expect your router to be updated within the next few days. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Macky63

Hi, looking at my router it appears also to be out of date:

1. Product name: Plusnet Hub
2. Serial number: +081441+NQ70819155
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated 05/08/17

Last updated in August 17 - might this explain why I seem to be having problems with it?

Is that all the relevant information that you need or do I need to supply anything else?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Why can't plusnet put firmware on their member site so people can upgraded their firmware itself? It's pretty daft to keep asking Plusnet to send the firmware to their router via request are really annoying.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Macky63,

After testing your line, the connection appears stable and is operating within the estimated speed. Is there a specific reason why you would like to update the firmware version? I have updated the serial number in our systems and I would recommend that you factory reset by holding a pin in the reset hole until the power light goes green. This should ensure you receive future firmware updates.

@goldenfibre,

Although this is a great idea, I'm not aware of this functionality being built into our router. The updates are rolled our through our automated platform and checking through the router settings, I cannot find a manual update option. Usually as long as the serial number is up to date and the router set up is enabled, updates should be rolled out as released in batches. While I can't guarantee any change to this system, I'll pass this on to the relevant team as feedback.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional