cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One Wireless Issues

thewelsh1

Plusnet Hub One Wireless Issues

Hi Guys and Gals, It's my first post here and boy, it's a good'un!

I've been with PN just over a month (Fibre unlimited, Line speed is up to 68MB which in my speed tests I'm getting on wired).

Wired networking is fantastic, if sometimes a bit laggy when streaming to my radio station but my main gripe is the wireless

It's not the connectivity that's the issue, it's the completely random speeds I'm getting on 2.5G and 5G (see photos). I use a service similar to TeamSpeak and on wired it's OK, but on wireless my ping is around the 30 mark, more often over 100.

What's the issue please?

WiiredWiired5G Wireless5G WirelessMore typical 5GMore typical 5G2G2G2g2g

3 REPLIES 3
MikeBz
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Hub One Wireless Issues

I had a similar issue a while back. I tried fiddling around with wireless settings in the hub to no great effect, then restarted the hub and hey presto my wireless download speed reverted to the same as I was getting wired.  My guess was that the reboot forced it to choose (a) different channel(s).  It hasn't happened again (yet).

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Use an app such as 'InSSIDer' to monitor the local wifi frequencies, and change your router to not use those in use by neighbours; also any overlapping frequencies in use.
MikeBz
Rising Star

Free version of InSSIDer is available from: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html