cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One WiFi Dongle query

Timalay
Grafter

Plusnet Hub One WiFi Dongle query

I'm looking at buying a wireless dual band dongle to use with my laptop in my bedroom (which annoyingly is only single band).  Now if I bought a either the BT 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 610 or the BT 11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 900, with this work better with the Plusnet Hub One than a normal WiFi dongle, or would any USB WiFi dongle work just as well.  
I have read somewhere one (or both) of these doesn't work that well with Windows 10, is this true?
1 REPLY 1
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet Hub One WiFi Dongle query

I would advise to get a dongle that has capabilities of connecting to a 5GHz band (this is the faster one) and AC.  If it mentions 5Ghz or AC this means it is capable of connecting to the other band.
I can't comment on it not working with Windows 10, but I would suggest googling the product you have in mind and see if it brings up any issues. 
I have personally used the BT wifi dongle 900 and found it good with my Windows 8.1 laptop.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up