cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One Router not working

Nalwoir
Dabbler

Plusnet Hub One Router not working

At around 8pm/8:30pm last night my internet died. Since I switched to Plusnet the Hub One router has been cutting out on me, randomly resetting and needing me to log into its software to reconnect it. Sometimes it would require a few resets until it properly rebooted (usually it would cycle from green to red to blue on the flashing LED). 

Last night was different. Once reset, it stays green for about 10 seconds before flashing green continuously. It is no longer broadcasting wifi (on my new SSID or the original one) and even with an ethernet cable straight into my computer it is not letting me access the router login page to see any error logs. 

The router is dead. Totally and absolutely. How do I go about getting a replacement? I can borrow one from a friend in the meantime (and hopefully set it up myself) but this is a temporary option. 

6 REPLIES 6
DJMC

Re: Plusnet Hub One Router not working

I think the whole of Plusnet Broadband has been down since 6.30pm yesterday. I tried phoning shortly thereafter and had a recorded message tell me the queue time was an hour - always a good indicator the whole system has gone down.

Nalwoir
Dabbler

Strange, because I had my internet going until at least 8pm. Also doesn't explain why the router is not working whatsoever, or why no-one else is on here complaining of the same. I tried a few other routers I had laying around the house, all of them allow me to log in and change settings, the hub one is completely broken, not working at all. 

Could be the internet as a whole is down, more likely we are experiencing different problems...

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The whole of Plusnet Broadband isn't down. This forum would be in meltdown if it was!

Whilst one hour wait times are not unheard off, Plusnet Mobile was released yesterday undoubtedly stretching an already busy Customer Service.
Nalwoir
Dabbler

Just spoke to a plusnet CS rep, and they have agreed that it is a faulty router. New one being sent, 3-5 working days until delivery. 

Joined in September, landlord told me to move 2 weeks later. Found out Plusnet don't do moves for free, ended up paying £6 more p/m over a 2 year contract. Get reconnected, massive packet loss makes streaming/gaming pointless. Packet loss gets fixed, router dies.

Got to say, Plusnet are not really inspiring me with confidence. I can't believe I am stuck with them for two years. 

DJMC

Uses Lithium!!?Huh

What, as a medicine?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I can see that we've started the return and replacement process for you this morning. Apologies, it must be frustrating for the router to break only a few months into being with us.

Feel free to let me know how you get on, and if there's anything we can do once a replacement has arrived.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet