Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub 1

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Plusnet Hub 1

Received a plusnet hub one today as a replacement to my BT hub 5 which died.
I must say that yes it looks a bit 'cheaper' but I think the white colour scheme is growing on me and makes the desk look a bit bigger and no measly black colour in your face.
Wifi is same as BT and separated the wifi bands - though my iPhone prefers the 5G band for some reason and doesn't discover the 2G band when it has left the room, this is a wifi issue on my iPhone as my iPad connects to the 2G seamlessly downstairs.
The internet did briefly not work but that was due to a webpage asking login credentials to Plusnet which I thought was unnecessary since it was already preconfigured but guess not.
So I think its a canny little thing and pleasing to look at but I would say the BT Hub 5 is a premium looking thing but that doesn't necessary bother me.
Also, since the power supply is the same as the BT Hub 5 type A supply, is it okay to carry on using that one?
Many Thanks
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up