Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Help - Agressive selling of 40/2 over current 80/20

Haybasha
Rising Star

Plusnet Help - Agressive selling of 40/2 over current 80/20

Hi,
Just wondering if someone from PlusNet can please advise on this for me.
Basically I've just come off the telephone to your Sales team to discuss a retention deal with them.
I was offered a very reasonable deal on 40/2 based upon the fact I "apparently" can't get 80/20. After explaining I'm currently on an 80/20 package and have been for some 17 months with PlusNet and a further 18 months with BT prior to that. Dslchecker even tells me my download range is 32.4 to 44.6 down, 6.0 to 8.8 up on FTTC Range A (Clean). In my eyes even that is over the 40/2 package so I should be offered the 80/20 if I want it.

I fail to see why I cannot be offered the 80/20 package still? Especially given the fact I'm currently connected at 46.3Mbps down and 6.47Mbps up.
I've basically been continually told that I'm on the 40Mb package (No I'm not!) and I cannot have the 80/20 package as it is not available as I'm currently not on it, which I am.
After arguing with what seemed like a very unknowledgeable person they eventually agreed I was on the 80/20 package and I could stay on it but I would not get the inclusive evening and weekend calls and the retention rate was ridiculously high.
How can PlusNet justify this and why are your sales staff unaware of what they are selling/aggressively selling 40/2 which I do not what due to the limited upload and the fact I'm currently connected at 46.2Mbps anyway?
21 REPLIES 21
chipples

Re: Plusnet Help - Agressive selling of 40/2 over current 80/20

I'm currently having a similar-ish problem. I'm on 40/2 and although my line can only do 20 down, speed checks indicate that it could probably do about 5 up. I really want that little bit of extra uplink bandwidth and I'm happy to pay the extra £5 a month, I've explained that I understand I will still get 20 down but they just won't let me have it, CS agents are telling me that the system won't allow it, but looking at this thread it seems like it is possible: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143035.0.html
mrcant72

i wish i had any sales team trying to sell me upgrade and ill let them be aggressive if i got fibre extra and bt sport actually id settle for my old speed with talk talk as its not even half  of what i had plus sales team only know whats on screen in front of them anything different they usually repeat question 1 again eg can i help what is your problem i prefer asking jess anyway even if i still have not found answer 
Haybasha
Rising Star

Quote from: chipples
I'm currently having a similar-ish problem. I'm on 40/2 and although my line can only do 20 down, speed checks indicate that it could probably do about 5 up. I really want that little bit of extra uplink bandwidth and I'm happy to pay the extra £5 a month, I've explained that I understand I will still get 20 down but they just won't let me have it, CS agents are telling me that the system won't allow it, but looking at this thread it seems like it is possible: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143035.0.html

The issue for me is I've had 80/20 for almost 3 years and PlusNet initially told me it's not available and I was never on it even though I am on it right now!
All I want is a reasonable deal to match some of the competition to stay with PlusNet.
Any chance of a mod checking this out for me please as at present it would seem PlusNet do not want to retain my custom?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Moderators on this forum cannot help you - they are customers not staff!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Haybasha
Rising Star

Maybe not but they can point a friendly PlusNet Staff member in my direction Smiley
dick:quote
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@ Haybasha Hi i was in a similar situation when i was downgraded to the 40/20 package last week after making a new deal for a discount when my contract was due to expire.
I went on live chat to find out why i had been downgraded and the agent told me i was on the right package because the estimate was only 32Mb  Plusnet go by the lowest figure in the BT estimate range and nothing more it's why they only offered you the 40/2 package and downgraded me.  
i had been on 80/20 package and getting 65Mb-55Mb for the past 18 months since joining plusnet, I told him this and he said it wasn't possible their systems don't lie and refused to put me back, it wasn't until i did the BTW further diagnostic test and pasted the results showing my IP profile was at 55Mb that he had to eat humble pie and put me back to 80/20 with the discount i had arranged.  
this isn't the first time and i t wont be the last that someone has this type of issue.
maybe you can go on live chat armed with a BTW further diagnostic test result showing your IP profile is higher than 40Mb and just tell them you want to stay on the 80/20 that your on but with a better deal say you cant do this on the phone because your unable to show the test result confirming your getting more than the estimate states see how it goes. 
Haybasha
Rising Star

Well here are my stats from dslstats and It's plain to see I'm well above 38Mbps on download:

Max:    Upstream rate = 6715 Kbps, Downstream rate = 53522 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 6470 Kbps, Downstream rate = 46198 Kbps
I've been in live chat and even they can't clarify this for me but have added more to a ticket the sales rep raised so it's a waiting game at present, totally ridiculous!
I've been reasonably happy with PlusNet (I've suffered far worse in my many years of isp's) but if this cannot be sorted out then I'll quite happily move on again as I can get 80/20 from other providers some of which are actually offering me better deals anyway.
Hopefully this can be sorted out and PlusNet see sense though Smiley
Haybasha
Rising Star

And just to make sure see BTW Speedtest result just taken too
Haybasha
Rising Star

Well it's almost a week and less than 24 hours until my last payment on my current 18 month contract and still no further forward with PlusNet!  Angry
If a member of PlusNet staff happens to pass by, any chance you can get me an update on my open ticket please?
I'm starting to wonder if it's worth staying if PlusNet can't even be bothered to sort out a new deal, how does that bode for anything that doesn't involve giving you money?
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Both PN's attitude in refusing you your service & the lack of response to both your ticket & your forum posts is baffling. If I was in your position I would politely tell them to get stuffed. Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Haybasha
And just to make sure see BTW Speedtest result just taken too

Don't run any more BTw speedtests in case something changes. The last test result stays on the server which Plusnet can access, so if you have any more smart alecs telling you what your speed is not, you can point them at that!!
Haybasha
Rising Star

I don't have an issue running any more speedtests as I've always had over the ridiculous OR estimate, in fact they are showing better than the one posted now.
When I first got FTTC with BT 3 years ago the OR estimate was actually 48.9 down 10.9 up, let's face it they just lower estimates to cover themselves rather than fix their shoddy infrastructure.
I'm now out of contract, last payment made and still nothing form PlusNet after a week on my ticket! Angry
b1ggles
Grafter

This is crazy, you're on 80/20 which is what you want and if you keep paying the going rate you'll stay on it. You then think you're entitled to get it cheaper and plusnet have said they'll lower the cost if you take a cheaper product, seems fair. Talk about wanting your cake and eating it, if you want an introductory offer just move like you would with any other product!
Haybasha
Rising Star

@b1ggles
I'm not paying "the going rate" I'm paying more than the current going rate and they did not offer to keep me on 80/20 at all, thanks for your input  Roll_eyes
Internet is a buyers market, same with mobile phones etc. so no real need to change if you can negotiate.
For your information, after another hour on the telephone I've eventually got a deal I'm happy with and PlusNet has kept me on 80/20. So yeah I got my cake now I'm gonna eat it  Wink