Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Firewall issue

FIXED
deanmrd
Grafter

Plusnet Firewall issue

HI all

I am trying to setup ddns on my router and one of those requirements is to have an open port 80 try everything my end, that when I login into my Plusnet connection setting. that when I noticed that my firewall was on high. 

when I tried to lower the firewall I got this message 

plusnet firewall issue 2.JPG

Then after the first time, I tried to change my firewall setting the firewall options has gone from my connection settings.

plusnet firewall isses.JPG

after this a Made two call one advised me that he had lowered the firewall yet his ticket seems to say something different to the conviction we had on his ticket it said that he told me that Plusnet doesn't support it and for me to look on the advance setting of my router, although I had told him I already had forwarded my ports.

Anyway, that night I checked the ticket and realized that he has just fobbed me off. 

I called back that night to be told that the, in fact, was an issue with the Plusnet firewall & they had been working on a fix. 

On a chat the next night I was told that a fix was being rolled out on Monday 21st. Monday's here and still no fix still without being able to forward port I am unable to use ddns, Alexa to sync to my router, I am not able to open port to play pc games with friends

Thanks 

DeanO

P.S I did try to chat with someone tonight I was in chat queue for about 40 minutes when it told me the was no one to talk to and to try again. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

11 REPLIES 11
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Plusnet Firewall issue

Welcome to the forums.

The direct link to the Plusnet Firewall  is https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall (login required)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
deanmrd
Grafter

Still getting same issues, It will not allow me to turn off or lower the firewall setting.

plusnet firewall issue 2.JPG

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Looks like it needs some input from the Plusnet staff if you cannot click on the Off button.

@Gandalf can you help?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
deanmrd
Grafter

I've raised a ticket. It's a known issues that a few customers are having same issue.
Hoping they will fix it soon.

Thanks

DeanO
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi DeanO.

It looks like we can't change your firewall settings from this side either as we're getting a similar message.

I can see this has been raised to our incident management team (IMT-1973) to further investigate.

We'll update you via ticket 175172435 when we know more. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to fix.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
deanmrd
Grafter

I am still yet to get a resolution to this issue. I just checked again see if I am able to lower or disable the Plusnet firewall still the same.

Thanks 

DeanO

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Gandalf  9 days without an update?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We've found the cause of the issue and a change is being written to fix this.

I can't give a date for when this will be I'm afraid-

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Just a update this should now be sorted.

Can you try again?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
deanmrd
Grafter

The above issue is now fixed
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Thanks for letting us know @deanmrd please let us know if we can help Smiley 

Jono H