Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre without line rental

crizle
Dabbler

Plusnet Fibre without line rental

Hi
Just been thinking about this and I'm not sure if I've made a mistake by ordering Vonage(VOIP) for an alternative to my current line rental with The Post Office. I was just comparing line rental charges to see if I could find anything cheaper and find Vonage amongst the results and ordered....
Now, I've gone to stop payments with The Post Office line rental and wondering if I will have problems with losing the fibre connection as I think Plusnet required a land line for the fibre broadband... I  may be wrong but wanted to check with anyone at Plusnet support if there will be problems?
Thanks for any input.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Plusnet Fibre without line rental

you likely will hit problems, you'll need to be paying line rental to someone.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet Terms & Conditions: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html#fibre
Paragraph 2.2:
you will need to have and keep a Plusnet or BT telephone line for the duration of the service. An engineer installation visit will be required where no working fibre installation already exists. The provision of Plusnet Fibre is subject to availability and a line check. The service may be incompatible with other services you have.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

For clarification, that means a Plusnet phone line or any other supplier who offers a BT Wholesale based line.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.