Plusnet Fibre to Fibre Extra - No speed change yet

FIXED
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Plusnet Fibre to Fibre Extra - No speed change yet

Hi @nathanrdedman,

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to change your package via a request on the community forums and the best way to go about doing this would be to discuss your options with our Customer Options Team. The team can be reached on 0800 013 2632 between 8AM-8PM Mondays to Fridays, 9AM-7PM Saturdays and 9AM-6PM on Sundays.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Dave_S
Hooked

I too am having this issue. On PN Fibre I was getting consistent download speeds of 33mbs and uploads at about 2mbs. Since getting the email saying the upgrade to Fibre Extra was complete on the 11the Sept I've been getting erratic speeds ranging from 20-32mbs, with the average at about 25mbs, so is now actually slower than before and below the 39.5mbs minimum guaranteed line speed and nowhere near the estimated 44-65mbs speed. Any help would be appreciated!

Mannam
Hooked

I was sold (by phone) an upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra some weeks ago and was promised a new router.

After 2 weeks this hadn't arrived so I phoned again and the answer was "Do you need a new router - we'll send you one". This arrived promptly and worked fine, but with no improvement in speed (21 - 23 Mbs).

I phone again and eventually got through last Sunday to be told "Oh it doesn't look like we activated the upgrade" and this was now being done and I should receive a mail on Tuesday (Sep 12). I still have not received the mail and the speed remains the same. I have tried to phone but the waiting times are too long and frustratingly there is no way to raise a ticket online, so I'm posting here for the first time.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Dave_S

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've tested your line and it's syncing up at around 42mb/s which would indicate that although the upgrade has been successful, there's something preventing the speed reaching the levels it should. If you have your router connected to the test socket of your premises already, I'd recommend raising a fault here so that we can look into this for you.

@Mannam - It doesn't look like the upgrade was successful on your account. I'm really sorry that this hasn't been communicated - I've asked one of my colleagues to take a look at this as a priority and update you accordingly.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave_S
Hooked

Thanks for your reply. I ran a few speed tests with a PC connected direct to the modem & got consistent results of 42Mbs. When I reconnected the router the speeds dropped again. Did a reset on the router & that fixed things! However, I was hoping to see a higher speed increase than 9Mbs upgrading from Fibre to Fibre Extra. Is it possible to achieve any higher speeds?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us.

Our tests are showing a potential external issue on the line so we've raised that for further investigation.

We'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Dave_S
Hooked

Thanks! 👍
Mannam
Hooked

Last Saturday without any e-mail or warning my fibre download speed more than doubled to about 47Mbit/s so it now seems to be commissioned and working.

Thank you!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear it

Let us know if you have any further issues

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Dave_S
Hooked

We had an engineer out last week & he found & fixed several problems. Unfortunately it had little effect on our Fibre Extra speed. I've added more details on ticket #182702279, but one has responded yet.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Dave_S 

I can see your router is syncing at 50.7Mbps which is in the middle of the 44 - 65Mbps Estimated Speed Range for you line. 

Can I ask what throughput speeds you are seeing, and if you are testing these on a LAN or WiFi connection? 

Thanks, 

MoR 

Mannam
Hooked

2 days ago I was happy as I was getting download speed of  ~48Mbit/s with WiFi connection. Following your enquiry I just checked again and it has gone back down to ~18Mbit/s

However after disconnecting the WiFi and reconnecting it went back up to 47Mbit/s

I had thought the new Plusnet Router would have fixed such WiFi issues? My HP Pavilion has Intel Dual Band wireless adapter with these settings:

SSID: PLUSNET-WCMW
Protocol: 802.11n
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 2.4 GHz
Network channel: 1
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
Driver version: 18.33.9.3

Dave_S
Hooked

Thanks MoR, these are the speeds using the Plusnet Hub One, which was reset beforehand, connected via ethernet with the wireless disabled, so only the laptop doing the tests was connected. The reason for 3 results is each was taken after using different micro-filters, 3 in total.

Dave_S
Hooked

This speed test was a PC connected via ethernet straight into an Openreach modem, again the PC being the only device connected. This only just makes the estimated speed.
Dave_S
Hooked

We've also had extreme degradation in the speed. These were taken via WiFi.