cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre Wifi Dropping out

Alivesey

Plusnet Fibre Wifi Dropping out

My WiFi seems to be dropping out about 3 to 4 times a day at non regular intervals.

I have replaced my router/modem with a NETGEAR Nighthawk D7000 WiFi Modem Router - AC 1900, Dual-band. This solved the issue for about 2 months, WiFi no longer dropping out and much better wifi coverage. Then the issue came back, my wife and I are now working from home due to Coronavirus, so I upgraded to unlimited fibre extra, this solved the issue for a couple of weeks, but now the issue is back again.

The WiFi drops out regularly, the internet seems to be OK as all lights are still shown on the router when I go to reset it. Unless it drops in and out before I can get to my router. We live in a small flat, so distance should not be an issue. On the network we have 2 laptops, a TV, 3 google homes, 2 phones, an apple TV and an Ipad.

When we initially connected to plusnet, the connection was made before we received the router, so it could not be tested by the engineer, he just installed the master socket and told us to plug the router in when it arrives. 

2 REPLIES 2
Raythorne

Re: Plusnet Fibre Wifi Dropping out

We've been having the same problem, but luckily retired so really a 'first world problem' for us.

Most recent was yesterday evening with regular drops between 19:15 and 20:20 which made watching catch up a bit frustrating.

This has been happening since before the current Covid-19 emergency and seemed to have settled down, but when I contacted PlusNet before to register a fault, they were unable to help as it was working fine at that point.

Now, of course, it's impossible to register a fault at the time as phones aren't manned and Internet access is impossible (the signal where I live makes it very difficult on the mobile).

Don't know if this makes any sense, but a bit of assistance would be appreciated.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Plusnet Fibre Wifi Dropping out

Hello @Alivesey and @Raythorne,

I am sincerely to hear of the problems you are experiencing with your connection and for any undue stress this has caused. Both your connections are dropping more than we would like and we would need to rule out any internal wiring as the cause.

Can you both plug your connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and see if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here, please can  you each do the following;

@Alivesey, report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

@Raythorne, please can you update the ticket here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team