Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre Still banded/IP profile/DLM at 12.8Mbps

wholeshow
Hooked

Plusnet Fibre Still banded/IP profile/DLM at 12.8Mbps

Hi,

I am getting kind of desperate now tbh, working from home is a nightmare.

It's been going on since well over 10 days now, my downstream is locked to 12Mbps,

I do not believe that I need an engineer to the property urgently as the max sync speed is being read as 45Mbps, still way less than the 57Mbps promised but manageable for sure, but the problem appears to the IP profile/DLM which can be fixed remotely?

Is it possible to get some remote assistance/diagnostic?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Plusnet Fibre Still banded/IP profile/DLM at 12.8Mbps

Hi @wholeshow

Thanks for your query, I am sorry to hear of the frustrations caused.

I've ran a test on the line and it's looking likely that an engineer will have to visit, due to a potential fault being present on the line I'm afraid.

I would say that DLM has restricted the speeds on the line, due to the fault as there is usually always a reason for a line to be banded. Should there not have been a fault, we could have raised it to our suppliers for them to try to remove the banding remotely following some trouble shooting. This isn't an option in this situation, and isn't always successful.

If we look back over the connection logs, it is clear to see that the broadband was dropping connection frequently. DLM has done as it should, and sacrificed the speed in order to stabilise the line. We can see that is exactly what has happened here.

Please do let us know how you wish to proceed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
wholeshow
Hooked

Re: Plusnet Fibre Still banded/IP profile/DLM at 12.8Mbps

Hi,

I am not sure @KatieC , I just need some sort of internet bandwidth back.

I see by that, it has been stable for 6 days now.

I have some feeling that this was when my kids were resetting the router to attempt to restore the internet speeds, before I told them to just leave it alone.

You have advised that removing the banding remotely is not even an option to try, that would be my first option. I do not want to reset the line anymore as I want to keep it stable.