cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre (FTTC) and Google Chromecast

cweir73

Plusnet Fibre (FTTC) and Google Chromecast

Since upgrading to Plusnet Fibre (FTTC) I am having problems using Google Chromecast. When I am casting Music or Video to a television and I try and open up any other tabs within Google Chrome, Google Chromecast starts to stutter badly.
I am using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Service Pack 1 and the lastest version of Google Chrome.
I have the same problem, both on a Desktop Computer and a Notebook.
Google Chromecast worked perfectly beforehand on the normal Plusnet Broadband and has only started to show this problem since moving to Plusnet Fibre (FTTC).
4 REPLIES 4
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Fibre (FTTC) and Google Chromecast

Have you changed or moved the router? Possible explanation would be poor wifi signal to chromecast
cweir73

The only difference is the router is now the Plusnet Technicolor TG582n FTTC which is connected to the BT Openreach Fibre Modem, whereas before it was just the standard Plusnet Technicolor TG582n ADSL.
The Plusnet Technicolor TG582n FTTC is situated in the exact same place as the Plusnet Technicolor TG582n ADSL was.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

How old is your Chromecast? I have just had to replace mine after only 6 months. The old one just gave up the ghost.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Although your new router may be in the same place, there's a fair chance that it's using a different wifi channel to the old router.
Experiment with channels 1, 6 and 11 to see if that improves performance. Definitely avoid channels 12 and 13.