cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre Extra Speed Less Than Expected

RayChinnery

Plusnet Fibre Extra Speed Less Than Expected

I reported a fault over 72 hours ago with the Fibre Extra speed not meeting the minimum quoted, now it’s got worse only 20Mbs download. Could your faults team look into this please?

18 REPLIES 18
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plusnet Fibre Extra Speed Less Than Expected

Hi there, I can see one of my colleagues from the faults team has replied to you earlier today.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Radovich
Hooked

Hello,also would like to be assisted with our new Plusnet fibre extra speed.just last week istalled by an engineer I was present while he was setting up the line.The speed detected at our property is up to 200Mb.Our Plusnet fibre extra is up to 76Mb and I understand a bit of capping...but come on! Current speed is 58Mb,thats almost 20Mb under the top speed,thats a little steep,specially if the line supports the top range.so I would like someone from Plus Net get back to me so we can disscuss this as Not really happy with 20MB cap!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Radovich Sorry to hear your speeds aren't as expected.

Our tests are showing a potential issue so I'd recommend raising a fault here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Radovich
Hooked

Hey just came back from Holiday so didnt manage to run all the test they require.Actually I believe that all the things and steps they ask for is silly.I can guarantee you I will not get different speed measured with my smartphone,than measured with cable.is there anyone I can speak to about this issue?Also received the final report after being connected for 14 days.it says our line speed is up to 78Mb,the actual speed is the same and quaranteed minimum speed is 67Mb.but our speed is 58Mb plus minus one..from the day One..so obviously the issue is that its been capped.I just want someone to uncap it!and enable the minimum guaranteed speed.I have no time to spend half day of measurements when I know my speed already.
RayChinnery

I really hope that are not capping their Fibre Extra service to 58 and advertising up to 76. This would be a clear breach of trading standards and also a matter for Ofcom. Open Reach checked my line, replaced the master socket and it made no difference. I would like my line uncapped please.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Radovich

Your router is in sync at

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 62.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

We don't cap your throughput, and we can't cap your sync. The package you're on is Unlimited Fibre Extra. This is based on the BT Wholesale product of 80/20. That's the highest product available to order, without getting to FTTP.

That sync rate is slightly below the estimated speed range for your line at www.dslchecker.bt.com

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 71.7 20 20

I'd like to add to Matt's response and ask that you make sure you've tried plugged the router into the test socket as explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If you have, then please report the fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer.

@RayChinnery

As above, we don't cap your speed. Furthermore, your service is provisioned on the dedicated network. Due to how your connection is routed, the connection/IP profile on our side has little [if not no] impact on your throughput.

Your router is in sync at

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 58.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 19.7 Mbps

This is also slightly below your estimates.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 64.5 20 20

I'd recommend the same to you. If your speed doesn't improve in the test socket, please report the fault to us.

Cheers

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Radovich
Hooked

@Gandalf
So what is the reason behind out 58Mb speed?using the provided Plusnet router.what should I do then?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

Where did you see the 58mbps speed? Was that your sync rate at that time or throughput?

Either way, I'd recommend completing the checks and report the fault to us above.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RayChinnery

Hi, Yes that was the sync rate from inside the hub router.  There is already a fault logged. Open Reach tested the line, replaced the master socket and the sync rate did not change. Does Plusnet need to do something to trigger the DLM to resync?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We have no control over fibre DLM or sync speed. I can see you've already a fault reported.

Have you tried rebooting your router? If the sync doesn't change that we'll need to arrange another engineer visit.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RayChinnery

I have replied Anoush Mortazavi - CSC Analyst  on ticket #152923546

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

One of my colleagues over on the faults team is looking at this at the moment, you should have an update on the ticket shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Radovich
Hooked

@Gandalf

Hello again,just managed to test the line speed both via Wifi and ethernet cable.I can confirm that the speed is still 58Mb up and 18Mb down.so what should I do next?Also how can I continue with my error reporting I have started earlier?I just cant find my way back where I left of.Thanks

Radovich
Hooked

@Gandalf

After failed further diagnostics via BTwholesale,managed to finish the tests and this is my results.what can you tell from this?bit worried about the max available speed 61.08 Mb,def not happy with that as Im paying for the 78Mb service..I would be happy with the minimum guaranteed speed,which is 67Mb,but 58-59Mb is way too below that.