Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre Extra - Poor Upstream Speed

Dempster
Hooked

Plusnet Fibre Extra - Poor Upstream Speed

Afternoon All.

A bit of background first of all... I have had good service from Plusnet over the last 18 months, during which time I have used their standard VDSL Fibre product. Downstream speeds have been a consistent 36Mb/sec, while upstream speeds have wavered around the 8Mb - 9Mb mark.

Nearing the end of my contract, I recently negotiated an upgrade with Plusnet to their 'Fibre Extra' product for a further 12 months. This went live this morning, and while I have seen an increase in download speeds (now around 53Mb/sec), the upload performance has stayed more or less the same, sometimes even dropping down to 2 or 3Mb/sec!

A quick check with the BT Wholesale website indicates that I should reasonably be able to achieve a 60Mb/sec download speed and up to 18Mb/sec upload, on this line. The house wiring is rock solid, a recent NTE5 Mk4 Master socket was installed when we moved in, and there have been no flaky Wi-Fi issues. Speeds measured over an Ethernet connection to the router are exactly the same. The router is a Netgear D6400, which hasn't missed a beat since it was installed.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what might be causing the poor performance? It's not dreadful by any means, just a good chunk short of what I would expect for an 80/20 Fibre service.

All comments are much appreciated.

Regards,

Alan.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.