cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre Exra slow speeds

spudruddock

Plusnet Fibre Exra slow speeds

Hi there !

I recently moved from Sky (Unlimited non fibre broadband download speed about 19mbs).

Signed up for the Plusnet Fibre broadband Extra promising speeds of up to 66mbs !

Not without problems, they "forgot" to send the Hub router and I had to ring up the day before activation to chase it and amazingly it arrived the next day, just before I got the text saying good to go. Openreach had voicemailed in the morning to say installed the fibe in the "green telephone box" at the end of my road.

At first the speed on my wireless network was 39mbs  which was faster than Sky as it is of course now fibre and I am paying more than Sky for this service. The upload speed was about 6.31 which was slower than Sky. I thought I would give it time to settle in. However 14 days later things have got worse.

The BT Wholesale Test is now showing a line speed of about 23-26 mbs and an upload speed of 6.29. Its states ping latency 19.

I was expecting lot faster speeds than this and I am non plussed why it has dropped from 39 to about 23.  Bt Wholesale states that the achievable speeds should be a lot higher than this. In fact the download speed is in the red zone and states there is likely to be a fault.

Unfortunatly I am no expert and am at work a lot at the moment and cannot ring Plusnet when they are open and it appears you cannot email directly outside working hours. So I am on here as a last resort. Do they send an engineer to look at my  set up etc as I am no expert on how to check if everything is working.

Any help gratefully received. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
spudruddock

Re: Plusnet Fibre Exra slow speeds

Just a follow up tonight the download speed has increased to 33mpbs but still not what it first was of 39mbps. BT wholesale states max achievable speed for my line is 39.64 so I guess that is OKish again now.

However the upload speed tonight is only 5.41mpbs wtih BT wholesale test stating max achievable is 20mbps, this seems  low for fibre broadband, (average is about a minimum of 10 ?) . Any ideas on how to speed up the upload speed ?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Plusnet Fibre Exra slow speeds

Welcome to the forums.

Your sync rate is 45.9Mbit which is within specification. You can see your estimates at this link. However, there is a potential fault on your line which may need further investigation.

First of all, please try plugging the modem into the master socket and see if your sync rate changes. We can then re-test the line if necessary.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team