Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre Appointment?

Skrink
Hooked

Plusnet Fibre Appointment?

Hi Community,

I'm moving to Plusnet Fibre Broadband and have just had a text message saying I have a Fibre Appointment between a certain time on a certain day.

My understanding was that as I already had a phone line I'd just set the router (received through the post today) up myself after the switch date; but this sounds more like I'm going to need to take time off work and wait for someone to come and install something up?

Can anyone advise me which is correct?

Kind Regard,

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Plusnet Fibre Appointment?

Hi @Skrink,

Please don't worry and accept our sincerest apologies for any confusion caused by the message you received. 

An engineer is not required to attend your premises for activation. 

If you would like further assistance or have any other queries please feel free to get back in touch!

Thanks.

Skrink
Hooked

Thanks Ollie.

My appointment is today between 8am and 1pm.

When should I expect to be able to use the broadband - sometime after 1pm?

I am being asked by folks at home when they will get the internet back as it is currently down (presumely as being switched).

Kind Regards,

Dave

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@Skrink are you already with PlusNet and just moving from ADSL to Fibre ? in which case If you've already connected up the Hub One ( which I assume you've been sent ) then the Internet should come back on within 1/2 hour or so i.e as soon as the engineer has completed the work at the cabinet.  You might not get improved download speeds immediately as the account change may not happen straight away and so you could still be on an ADSL profile up to midnight.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your reply @Skrink

The activation of your services can take up to midnight, however once they are showing as complete you will receive an automated email and SMS to advise of completion, at which point you should be able to connect to the internet.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team