Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fiber Drop 38Mbps to 12mbps

FIXED
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Fiber Drop 38Mbps to 12mbps

Hi @Gandalf @Mav @Chris

Good news they found the problem with the green box he said to me to give it 2 days to see if its fixed 

So hopefully this will rectify the problem. I wonder if this is the cause with the other members issues.

Many thanks

Martin

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Martin. I'm happy to hear the engineer has found a problem and that they've arranged for this to be fixed.

Keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

I will thanks

Part of life living
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

Hi there

Again lousy service someone was supposed to ring us to see how we were getting as expected no one did,  and do some settings but I rather do it on the phone as we need to ask for compensation for the aggro we had.

So know doubt someone will ring when were out all day tomorrow.

since Tuesday is only dropped off once 6.30pm  last night some time its 37 the speed is still low at 7-12mbps

Part of life living
jamessc
Rising Star

" the speed is still low at 7-12mbps"..!!!!!

How I wish I had such 'slow' speeds, barely getting 1.4mbps tonight, for no apparent reason, and I've been getting a lot of completely unexplained drop outs too.

The plusnet staff are helpful enough when you finally get through to them, but that's the point, it takes so disgracefully long to get any help. By far and away the worst excuse for 'customer service' of any company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with, as I reiterate to anyone and everyone i speak to.

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

Hi Jamessc

Its been a  long prosess I did like Plusnet when they were just for phone calls and they were good that why we came back, such a shame as there has been some useful help here but this is not right for a company that advertise,

with having 5 engineers we think they have got to the root of the problem its just so frustrating I hope they find the cause and get it sorted soon I wondering you are having issues like us and wonder if they should send you an engineer to look at the green box there were they found our problem it took him 3 hours to find it in the cold.

I dont like moaning but sometime we have to to help others.

I will say all the engineers were great and polite 

Good luck jamessc and do hope you get faster speeds soon

Part of life living
jamessc
Rising Star

Thanks Bluejay5,

It's important for those of us who have suffered so much at the hands of 'Plusnet' to stick together, share our experiences and try to find a away to improve the service these charlatans get away with 'pretending' to supply.

It's shocking that they can advertise the way they do while being such absolutely appalling company. 

I've only just got fibre within the last few weeks, had a few weeks of good service ( a maximum of about 14mbps from a previous maximum of 3.5mpbs!!) but, after a short while, loads of drop outs with no explanation and tonight the service has crashed to a shocking 1.5 or so.

Utterly disgraceful.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post edited as the modification of the Plusnet brand is not allowed as per the Forum rules.

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

Just went off this morning unless your were doing a test it was at 8.37am 

speeds though is 37mbps speeds are indecisive  though

Part of life living
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

This will be the only report till we have the Engineer on Wednesday for the 6th time

In the last hour its cut off 4 times strange though its the weekend again.

Part of life living
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

I know the Engineer is coming on Wednesday for the 6th time, after 3 drop outs with speeds at 15, 24, 15 on Ffriday evening, it then behaved over the weekend with speeds 33 to 36 and now is Monday its just gone off 3 times within half an hour 

I am now convinced 

Part of life living
jamessc
Rising Star

Oh dear, sounds like a nightmare. I thought the problem had been found by the engineer last time?

Clearly not, do you have any idea what the problem is?

I have an engineer arriving on Friday afternoon. Still getting lots of drop outs at random times, and probably lots I don';t know about too.

No idea what could be causing it really.

jamessc
Rising Star

When mine drops it just freezes completely, as if I had reset the router but actually no-one has done anything and [-Censored-] can't see anything wrong other than the drop out

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

Jamessc I'm just don't understand it its like if someone is just having fun messing around witch I am not accusing anyone in th group I have not touched it as we were told we need another engineer but this would be the last time as this will be past the 8 weeks with the Ombudsman 

I just cant take no more I have really been patient and kind but there is only so much you can take

I do wish you luck with your problem 

Part of life living
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm sorry to hear your line is still dropping. I can see we've got another engineer visit booked in and we've assigned you a case handler who'll be following up after the appointment.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf

Yes tomorrow here are the latest info not had a drop out since last night when I moaned 

Part of life living