Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet FTTPoD

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet FTTPoD

Dear Plusnet Staff

My exchange Cuckoo Oak do have FTTP, however my property can have FTTPoD for 330Mbps downstream and 30Mbps upstream.

FluidOne and Cerberus Networks are both isp's can offering me FTTPoD. But, FluidOne will charged me £295 a month exc vat while Cerberus Networks will charged me £87.50 a month exc vat (both come with 36 months contract) but the activation fee, installation and distance band charge will cost between £2,400 and £6,500 exc vat depend which band A to G).

Do Plusnet offering FTTPoD at present?

10 REPLIES 10
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Plusnet FTTPoD

Plusnet don't offer FTTPoD at present.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I was wondering why they don't offering FTTPoD ?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Commercial decision. It's not really a product for the market we operate in, not when the wholesale costs are considered. It's extremely pricey, as per the quotes from the ISP's that are offering it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I suppose so. Yep, it so expensive for FTTPoD because no one's know which distance band charge are (from A to G) which openreach are charged the customer after survey.

I suppose sooner or later G.Fast will be the one to take over FTTPoD as the cheaper option. (only if you are within 150m away from fibre cabinet to get the maximum of 330Meg downstream and 50Meg upstream)

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

You should see some benefit over FTTC if you're within 300 metres of the cab. That's as your line is laid though, rather than how the crow flies.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

as per of my GEA FTTC Test as it does stated my line length is 243 metres away so I could be benefit to FTTC G.Fast in future. If I was correct?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Which cabinet in Cuckoo Oak are you connected to?

Brian

brookheather
Rising Star

I just asked Cerberus for an FFTPoD quote - my line is estimated at 215m and the installation quote put me in Band B at £2000+vat (subject to survey) - the monthly cost was quoted at £75+vat for unlimited 330/30.

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Cerberus FTTPoD are subject to 750GB usage allowance policy with AUP on it below:

6. What about excessive network usage?
6.1. Where services are supplied with an unlimited monthly usage policy, and it is determined that any customers Internet activities are so excessive that other customers are detrimentally affected, Cerberus may give the customer generating the excessive traffic a written warning (by email or otherwise). In extreme circumstances, should the levels of activity not immediately decrease after the warning, Cerberus may terminate that customer’s services.
6.2. Services subject to a monthly usage allowance will be billed at the rate of £1 per GB of additional data use over and above the allowance for that month.

Updated: FluidOne say NO to residential because FTTPoD is 3 years contract for business only. However ISPs cannot offer contracts longer than 2 years to residential users, with FTTPoD being on a 3 year min term. Cerberus are offering 3 year contracts to residential users, I don't think ofcom would be too happy with that. I just don't know why Cerberus only do 750GB on FTTP subject to AUP policy and the residential customers can order FTTPoD with cheaper quote then revert it to FTTP on a lower pricing but still on 3 years contract for residential which ofcom don't allow this.

Horseface

I just requested a quote from Cerberus for FoD. I asked them about the 750GB figure and they said that this is not correct. Their services are unlimited. I also asked about 3 year terms. They say they are a business provider and only offer the service to business customers. Will let you know once I have the quote...