cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - help please

Jeannine
Dabbler

PlusNet - help please

After 6 weeks Angry since my first enquiry to Plusnet to upgrade from ADSL to fibre , we eventually had an engineer visit this morning. 
However, for about the last four weeks we had been getting download speeds of about 18-20Mbps, but after our fibre install it's still the same according to the BT Wholesale site!  It says that the line is capable of up to 38Mbps so absolutely nothing has changed!
The engineer said that he had done the work at the cabinet, and he put a new facing plate on the master socket, and installed the HubOne.  It's a bit disappointing
not to have a rather faster download speed - which is what I'm paying for.
I have spent HOURS  Shocked on the phone and waiting to be connected to the 'instant' online chat to Plusnet over the last few weeks, so is there anyone from Plusnet here who could check this out please, please, please...??  Thank you!!
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: PlusNet - help please

Can you try logging in to the router and pressing disconnect, waiting a few seconds and then connect.
You should see an improvement in the speeds nearly straight away.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Jeannine
Dabbler

Re: PlusNet - help please

Chris, thanks so much!  Why didn't anyone tell me this!  Download speed on the Mac, wireless, now 35.72Mbps - instant improvement.  It's about 27Mbps on the iPad according to Ookla speed test.  Much happier - thanks!  Smiley Smiley Smiley