Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - Service Issues

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

PlusNet - Service Issues

On Thursday, I lost service for some time.
As is usual for me, I assumed that something I'd done, a setting change, Malware, or equipment failure was responsible. Being unable to connect to the internet, yet seeing all lights "green", nothing apparently wrong, reinforces the idea that somewhere one's kit is at fault. So a lot of adjustments and re-sets later, I find that the fault is at PlusNet. This was supposedly sorted out and it ran smoothly, very smoothly, actually, my connection was a tad faster (perhaps after all the resets?).
Today, I am losing the service again, short spells, intermittent. All lights suggest connected, some sites operate in a stumbling manner others freeze, and the waiting symbol just rotates ad infinitum.
Is it not possible to post possible fault notices prominently somewhere so that subscribers don't mess up their settings unnecessarily? (maybe a phone message on the support number for those with lost internet)
Am I right assuming that PlusNet is still having problems today?
If so, what are they, and when will they be fixed please?
Whilst scribbling, can you do a line check on my line please (perhaps when settled down?)?
Thanks, Dan
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: PlusNet - Service Issues

Quote from: danludlow
Am I right assuming that PlusNet is still having problems today?

No, there are no Plusnet service problems at the moment. The current service status is shown on the page here. More details can be found by clicking the headings below the coloured table.
There is a long discussion of Thursday's outage in the Outage 10/09/2015 topic.
In your case raising a fault using the troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net might be appropriate.
David
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

And spraxyt's logo under his name relates to this site
http://usertools.plus.net
And there is a list on the right of useful updates  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@danludlow,
Hi there,
A quick diagnostic test isn't showing any issues.
Please let us know if any of this becomes a problem again for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team