cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Hub One - Fibre disconnects randomly and too frequently - Tickets #178155423, #178147328

FIXED
Mrturner7
Hooked

Re: PlusNet Hub One - Fibre disconnects randomly and too frequently - Tickets #178155423, #178147328

And still the issues continue....

I certainly think I would get more joy banging my head against a brick wall rather than trying to get on top of these issues.
With the Plusnet/BT fix it seems like the wired connections work quite consistently but anything that connects via Wi-Fi is an absolute no go. I'm having to restart the router more and more frequently to enable my devices to reconnect and when you rely on the BT sport app for certain football games the frustration just keeps growing.

Is there anything obvious that you can see on my line that makes sense of this issue? Could it be router related?

I have tried changing channels but this also proves quite useless.

I do wish there was a month by month contract available as I feel genuinely stuck right now.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards
Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: PlusNet Hub One - Fibre disconnects randomly and too frequently - Tickets #178155423, #178147328

Thank you for getting back in contact.

Having retested your service I am not noticing any issues with the service. This certainly matches with what you have advised with the connection being stable when connected over Ethernet.

i understand that you may have changed wireless channels however due to  wireless connectivity being unsheilded it can be open to interference that prevents it from working and this will be down to local environment factors.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team
gigio68
Dabbler

Long shot. Have you considered upgrading the router? I had a couple under my radar, when I started this ticket earlier this year.

It might not solve your issue, though.

One other question, which might be relevant to environmental changes. Have you had some roadworks near you recently?

When I was having problems I also realised that there had been some roadworks which might have disrupted the wired connections, though I asked people in the street and it seemed not everyone had the same issue as I was experiencing, but some did.

One more thing to check.... I discovered, after my router's firmware was updated, that my digital TV signal was not very stable. It turned out that one of the two signal amplifiers for the aerial, which was in the loft, was causing a lot of interference and was not functioning properly. After swapping with a working amplifier, I had no problems with the TV signal in the two lounges any more. This was after the firmware update to the router, but it could have been the environmental reason which had caused the router (with the old firmware) to work badly and cut the Internet connection in and out.

Worth checking some of these things out, which may sound not having anything to do with Internet connection.... Good luck

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

A router change is not going to fix a BT capacity issue.

Back to the train analogy if the tracks are broken or the over head cables are down no amount of complaining from any operator is going to get things fixed faster. They will be fixed when they are fixed and in the meantime train services might run slower than their top speed.

Communication network upgrades take time to design plan and implement.

I’m not championing any thing or one here, I am though setting realistic expectations. Capacity utilisation is being gobbled up nearly as fast as it can be provided. Not being able to play games fast enough or watch even more TV on demand fast enough is truly a first world issue!

There are other pastimes available like read a book or go down to the pub, make friends, drive the local economy and save the Great British local!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gigio68
Dabbler

For the benefit of the people who are reading the full ticket, trying to find a solution to their Plusnet Broadband/Fibre connection disconnecting regularly, I would just like to highlight the difference in the stakeholders who respond to posts in this community, as this was something that I misunderstood to start with.

I started this ticket and I am a "Dabbler" (apparently) Plusnet customer.

Depending on the number of posts you put onto the platform, you may become "Hooked", "Superuser", etc.., still remaining a Plusnet customer.

"Plusnet help team" are the users of this forum who are meant to be the official "face" of Plusnet to their customers.

By all means feel free to read messages or content from other Plusnet members, but make sure you understand that a "Superuser" has nothing to do with Plusnet. He or she is just here more often and regularly than a "Dabbler" or a "Hooked" member.

Note: I am just saying this to help out other members filtering out through the large quantity of posts this "FIXED" ticket now has. Unfortunately I have no way to close the post for comments.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

For the sake of factual clarity:

The superuser program was instigated by Plusnet and the details of its origin can be found here https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Superuser-Program/m-p/1429252.

It is not a rank of time spent on forum, but and active program of liaison with PN.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.
Topic locked at OP's request.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'