Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Can you check my Profile Please

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

PlusNet Can you check my Profile Please

Today and engineer reset my connection and the speed improved. BT Profile was 47.4Mbps (BTW Performance Test) but I was locked at 40Mbps by a fault (having upgraded to Extra 80/20). The engineer wasn't happy with the speed and tested the port in the cabinet which he found to be "noisy"? so I was put onto a new port.

Speed has increased to 47Mbps, but the BTW Profile is now 53.85 Mbps The Engineer says that PlusNet need to reset the the profile at their end to match the BTW Profile.

Can this be set please?

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: PlusNet Can you check my Profile Please

I've just done that for you now.

If you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect you'll pick the new profile up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for resetting Matthew, I have reset the connection but haven't noticed any speed improvement. Current Speed (Ookla Speedtest) 47.05 Mbps which itself is big improvement from that I've been getting. The profile shown on BTW Performance Test is 54.94 this morning, although the test results are ridiculously low so I assume all is not well with the tester itself.

Before my Cabinet port change yesterday I was showing DSL Modulations as VDSL2 with G.INP, since the port change its simply VDSL2. My Path Mode originally (G.INP) was Fastpath, since Port change this is Interleaved. Is this significant?

I seem to be getting more CRC's Down than I was when G.INP was enabled.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Dan.

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Any thoughts, anyone?

What puzzles is the BTO Profile being increased overnight, following yesterdays increase after resetting, doesn't that indicate faster speeds are available on my line?

Thanks in Advance, Dan

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Had a lot of CRC errors today, far too many, 22000 in 7 hours. Expect to see that DLM has altered my service in the morning. Prior to port change, about 160 in several days but Port was faulty it seems (changed 6th July). Original fault was down speed stuck at 39999 a reset boosted that to 45Mbps (shown connected at 53.4Mbps). Port in Cabinet found to be faulty and swapped for a new one. Speed currently shown connected at 57Mbps down but reading 47Mbps at the PC.

Any thoughts?

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Have you got this connected via wifi or Ethernet? also the amount of devices connected to your router can effect this and also any back ground programmes you may have running.

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Have Connected both ways, speeds the same. Current BT profile shows 60 Mbps higher than ever before, router shows 200000 CRC errors in little more than an hour, speedtest shows struggling 20mbps down. Line reset, on new port in cabinet on Monday. Few devices attached, none more than usual. Puzzled.

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

To bring this up to date, I stopped using my ASUS DSL-AC68U as a modem, and reinstated the BTO ECI modem instead, linked to the AC-68U. That meant losing statistics, and I was getting hesitations loading pages or running video, so I reinstated the original PlusNet Technicolor router, which helped.

Connected Down speed was much faster than the distance from my cabinet says is possible and I imagined it tripping over itself.

I have since bought a new modem Router, a middle of the road unit far cheaper than the Asus it replaces, and a different make having lost confidence in Asus. I chose a TP-Link TD-W9980 which gives me all that need, some setting options, and some statistics too. TP-Link had been a make that a Tecchie friend recommended, amongst others.

After 4 days speeds are good, my BT profile has dropped from 57Mbps Down to 49.4Mbps. I am connected at the router at 49-50Mbps at the PC (Ethernet through house wiring) at up to 48.2 (so far, it seems to improve slowly). my hope when upgrading to Extra (80/20) was for about 45Mbps at the PC (an increase of 10Mbps over the 40/20 Fibre Unlimited that i was on), so I'm more than happy.

If you believe the figures, My connection should be between 42Mbps and 45 Mbps over the distance I am from the Cabinet. That's a puzzle, and not one I can answer.