cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net fibre, and their sneaky tactic of 'let's halve your speed' when you're not looking.

FragiLimbel

Plus net fibre, and their sneaky tactic of 'let's halve your speed' when you're not looking.

Boot up the router, do a speed test. Great, that's 36mbps. Check again a few days later because your internet isn't as snappy as it was, and it's half that. Reboot router. Great it's back to a decent speed again. Repeat cycle. I swear they do this on purpose.

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 79

Re: Plus net fibre, and their sneaky tactic of 'let's halve your speed' when you're not looking.

@FragiLimbel More likely that there is a problem either on the infrastructure or within your own network/property.

John
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 6

Re: Plus net fibre, and their sneaky tactic of 'let's halve your speed' when you're not looking.

@FragiLimbel 

You also haven't said whether you're conducting your speed tests over WiFi or connected directly to your router via an Ethernet cable.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 1

As jab1 has advised, there is quite possibly a line or internal fault which is recognised by the Dynamic Line Management and that is reducing the speed to provide a more stable connection.

This happened to me a few years ago. I could reboot the router and the max. speeds lasted a couple of days, then reduced until another reboot. It was an external line fault (cable between pole and master socket).

adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 27

Morning @FragiLimbel

I'd echo the posts from other users on this thread, though I'd be happy to run some tests on the line from my end. I've been unable to find your account through your Community profile though, so feel free to send me a PM with the account username and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
FragiLimbel

Boot up the router, do a speed test. Great, that's 36mbps. https://omegle.onl/  Check again a few days later because your internet isn't as snappy as it was, and it's half that. Reboot router. Great it's back to a decent speed again. Repeat cycle. I swear they do this on purpose.

my issue got solved
jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 79

You are not making sense Huh

John
RealAleMadrid
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 38

@FragiLimbel  I don't know why you repeated your Opening Post which is just your own misguided assumptions and completely false. 

Wouldn't it have been more useful and helpful to other forum members if you had given some clue as to what the problem was  and how it was fixed.🤔