cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please stop my fibre signal from vanishing!!!!

Lynnwarbo11
Dabbler

Please stop my fibre signal from vanishing!!!!

Can I ask a teensy favour ... can I please have the service I pay for? Can I watch 1 show or listen to 1 podcast without my connection dropping to nothing. I have proven time and time again that my service isn't good and I've gone through every type of router plusnet have ... I've hard wired everything I can (which may seem easy until you take into consideration the limits my disability gives me) ... I've even blamed myself for 8 months .... 'your walls are too thick' (I'm in same room as the router ... 'the weather is effecting it' (but it didn't before I swapped to fibre ... still no answer from plusnet for that one) and my favourite question 'do you have a fishtank' (that one still makes me giggle). Before what I call fibregate I knew absolutely nothing about technology internet types anything so I suppose I should thank plusnet for making me educate myself FAST!!!

I would normally call plusnet but considering the fact that last time I had issues the customer representative seemed to have a problem answering my questions so ..... he hung up on me!! And before I get bombarded with anything I immediately left a message on the community forum but to date nothing. Not a sorry ... not enquiry ... nothing.

So I've learnt to try and avoid actual personal communication because it leaves me in the same situation but more angry and stressed.

So all I ask is plusnet allows me to watch a show or listen to 1 podcast (either wired or wifi) without my connection taking a holiday ... too much to ask? Well according to OFCOM ... no.
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Please stop my fibre signal from vanishing!!!!

Sorry to hear you're having connection issues.

From what I can see your connection hasn't dropped once in 25 days.

Your router is also in sync at a downstream speed of 40mbps and an upstream speed of 10mbps.

When your connection drops does the light on the front of your router change colour?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lynnwarbo11
Dabbler

Sorry for the delay ... I'm unwell at minute. Nothing changes on the router but everything (wired or wifi) crashes or stops. I know I have no signal at all ... this will occur and last 15 seconds. The connected icon on my smart tv for example will shoe a green icon thus it's reconnected. If it only happened occasionally I wouldn't mind too much but for example I was listening to a 30 min podcast on Tuesday and it did it 3 times.

In the past plusnet have said you've had no loss of connection ... this is why for a long time I blamed my technology my house ME!! but during one extremely bad instance I rang another organisation where I had subscribed to a tv account and blasted them due to the fact plusnet yet again said it wasn't them. It actually resulted in emails from the company with proof that my isp connection was poor and my bandwith was ridiculously low (I was on fibre at the time).

I don't expect no buffering or occasional dipping/vanishing but as in the example I've given its again ridiculous. I am virtually housebound so as sad as it may seem an internet connection is very important because as well as tv etc. I do everything online from groceries to buying books .. in fact that's why I chose to pay a bit more and get fibre.

I hope something can be done cos this is sadly to me just another fight with plusnet for a fair service. Thank you for your time
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries. I hope you get well soon.

When/if the issue happens again can you try rebooting your router letting us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet