cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please guide me through port forwarding?

bradkat
Dabbler

Please guide me through port forwarding?

Hi all, complete newbie here and could really use some advice in simple layman terms. So we use a sagemcom 2704n

The problem is NAT on xbox one. My husband is avid fan of COD black ops 3, never had any problems before with NAT type until a couple of weeks ago. On the main page is states nat type is open, but as soon as he gets online and onto the game, the nat type is always moderate. I have scoured the internet and from what I can gather it's something to do with  port forwarding on the router, but I can't for the life of me, make any sense of it, and there don't seem to be any instructions specifically for our router, which doesn't help. If anyone has the patience to guide me through this, I would be so grateful.  

16 REPLIES 16
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Please guide me through port forwarding?

Hi there,

I made a guide a while back which can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Gaming/Plusnet-Routers-and-Port-Forwarding/m-p/1307973/highlight/true#...

I will be updating this shortly for the TG582N but this has the hub zero that you have on there already Smiley

bradkat
Dabbler

Hi thanks very much for your quick response, I followed your instructions to the letter but I'm afraid it's still the same. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

the ports mentioned in my post are for Xbox live itself, it may be worth finding out what ports are used by the game itself and also forwarding those to your xbox

port forwarding isn't the only thing affecting how a console views your NAT however, the account based firewall in the member centre can also cause these issues too

bradkat
Dabbler

Should I have this switched off?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can try with having it off, it doesn't always help but in some cases it can with gaming related issues Smiley 

bradkat
Dabbler

Hi, have tried everything and it's just not working. I can't understand it. Anyone??? Driving us mad 

legume
Rising Star

Black ops 3 uses udp 3075, if you have a single xbox forwarding that should do (assuming the hub 0 isn't being awkward so it actually works).

Edit: Of course there may always be complications if say upnp is enabled and you are also trying to forward.

BO3 is a bit "special" when it comes to upnp 😞

bradkat
Dabbler

Thanks Legume, will try that and keep you posted.

bradkat
Dabbler

Hi Legume, tried that and still moderate. It's really frustrating. Can you tell me is there anything else I should be changing in the router. It's a sagemcom 2704n

I've disabled upnp and assigned udp 3075, but is there anything else that I'm missing?

Also, do I have to change anything on the xbox one, ie ip address?

I'm finding it all really confusing and am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to these sort of things. It's driving hubby mad. Can't understand it as it was all fine up until a couple of weeks ago??!!  

legume
Rising Star

Hmm, I don't have a hub zero so am not sure what to do.

Before doing anything else can you see what your IP address is, it seems there are current known problems with some starting with 51.6 (So why it's not on the status page I don't know).

http://www.whatsmyip.org/

Will tell you.

bradkat
Dabbler

146.90.xxx.xxx

According to link..

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) IP edited to leave relevant bit in a public forum.

BST
Grafter

There is a problem at Plusnets end, other members of the forum have reported it in the gaming section.

I phoned earlier today and they confirmed that i am one of the users suffering this problem and they are not certain how long before it will be fixed.

Some people have changed to a static ip to fix the problem, i have got around it by using a vpn.

It is a poor showing that there is no information anywhere letting us know about this, it could have saved me hours of my time port forwarding etc trying to solve it.

EDIT: They have now put some details om the service status page.

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial

legume
Rising Star

Since I last posted Plusnet have now updated status to say some are having problems.

I don't know if 146.90 is the same as the 51.6 issue or not.

I see elsewhere in this section support suggesting different DNS - maybe there are multiple issues.

Since it used to work, I guess setting the router back to how it was and waiting for a fix would be the way to go.

If Plusnet say it's fixed in the future, but it still doesn't work for you I would consider doing a factory reset on the router, there are IIRC instructions on the Plusnet help pages.

bradkat
Dabbler

Thanks for reply and input, certainly explains alot. Since there is no indication of when/if this might be resolved, would you be able to give me some advice on changing to a static ip, or using a vpn?