cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please connect my Fibre wires from cabinet to property so I can use fibre.

FIXED
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Please connect my Fibre wires from cabinet to property so I can use fibre.

@ashyt16 wrote:  how come your adsl2+ up and down connection is so low, but your FTTC connection is really high.
Isn't the distance the same to the cabinet?

Quite common. For instance, my adsl connection was 1.2Mb/s (even now it would still be 1.2Mb max). My Fibre speed is around 72Mb/s. Same wires but as the fibre cabinet is in the village and not located at the exchange (7km away), we get higher speeds. I wouldn't say it is high speed as that, in my book, really applies to the realms of over 300Mb/s

@maverickuk2019  so I can do my own snr resets. Is there such a thing with fibre too if the line is playing up occasionally?

Fibre is totally different, even if you could do snr resets, DLM would determine and automatically adjust the line for the speed that it is capable of. Me? What I get is what I get. I gave up playing around years ago. The only time I do speed tests now is if I think the pages are slow loading.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
maverickuk2019
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Im not too fussed over speeds and happy with 2mb for years and well remember it initially being0.5mb. The issue was the problem with the weather that would never manifest itself when engineer came. The system would compensate by upping the snr and speeds dropping back down to 0.5mb ish. A simple reset cured that but it wasn't always easy getting support to understand the problem so could take weeks.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@maverickuk2019 wrote:

Im not too fussed over speeds and happy with 2mb for years and well remember it initially being0.5mb. The issue was the problem with the weather that would never manifest itself when engineer came.

The good old days, remember them well. Smiley  If you do a search online for DLM (dynamic line management), there are some pages that tell you how it works. i.e. constantly active. I would say from my own experience with line speed problems, its method of operation does seem to have improved somewhat over the past couple of years.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?