Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please confirm my order for fibre

copperpot26
Dabbler

Please confirm my order for fibre

Hi
I have a few question's. Thank you for your time to reply  Smiley
I have been with PlusNet since 13/01/2014 on your Unlimited broadband, without phone package, and it has been great for most of that time, no real problems. Its been pretty constant in terms of speed, i am using my own router btw. On the 13/10/2015 i ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra on your website.
1:  However since placing a new order the speed has been really all over the place. Before ordering fibre, i was getting between 8-9 mb down & 0.9 mb up pretty constant, but i have noticed since ordering my speed's get as low as 2mb (or lower) down &  0.01 up. I play alot of battlefield 4 on the xbox one & before ordering i would get no lag. But the last 2 weeks i have been lagging/rubberbanding like crazy ( i mean really bad at times) and my ping would get as high as 1000 (Yes 1000) making it impossible to play. Also playing things like youtube etc... would buffer all the time, which never used to. Is my speed this low because of me upgrading?
2:   In Account Summary on your website, its got the date when i first joined PlusNet which is 13/01/2014. Above that the date is 13/10/2015 ( the date when i ordered Unlimited Fibre Extra ) under Product its says - Plusnet Unlimited, under cost it says - £12.49(monthly) and under Order Status its says - Complete.
Has there been a problem with my order? Because for Unlimited Fibre Extra without phone the cost is £22.49 a month. I have also paid the connection fee of £25. Could you please confirm fibre is indeed what i am getting.
3:  I will be using my own router again, the router i will be using is a Asus RT-N66U. Will this router be ok for fibre on PlusNet?
4:  And finally can you confirm that a Bt engineer is coming to install fibre on 28/10/15 beteen 8.00am to 1.00pm.
Would really appreciate your time to reply. Thank you.
Steve
4 REPLIES 4
copperpot26
Dabbler

Re: Please confirm my order for fibre

Could a member of staff at least confirm that a bt engineer will be installing fibre on wednesday 28th between 8.00am - 1.00pm. If its not to much trouble, thank you.
I am taking a unpaid holiday off work for this, so i need to know if they will be coming on that date.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi Steve.
First most and foremost the engineer is booked for the 28th between 8am and 1pm so they should be going out.
With regards to the other points you've raised the speeds wouldn't have dropped due to you upgrading. This could be a fault on the line but with us being so close to the 28th there's not much we can really do.
The account information will update after your package changes on the 28th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
copperpot26
Dabbler

Hi Matthew
Thanks for your reply
Fingers crossed about the engineer coming on wednesday becasue i don't what to take a unpaid holiday and they don't turn up, i will be pretty upset to be honest. Had bad experiences in the past and don't what to have a repeat  Smiley
I wouldn't expect Plusnet to investigate the speed issues this close to upgrading but just seem abit odd that as soon as i ordered fibre my speeds have dropped.
Thanks again much appreciated.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If the engineer doesn't turn up and you have to take a second day off you can claim full compensation: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)