cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please check fault (Question #137045213)

rca212
Dabbler

Please check fault (Question #137045213)

I don't know if I should still be posting here, or start a new thread,

but it's now two months since I reported a fault and nothing has improved.

My original fault (Question #137045213) seems to have been closed and I can't find a way to reopen it.

Ping times are as bad, or worse, than ever - the thinkbroadband graph with its 150ms y-axis scale  is not much use when even the green lines go off the map -

My Broadband Ping - rca212 8th dec

Online gaming is still impossible, and noticeable 2-3 second delays in opening some web pages or starting videos feels a bit like being back on dial-up

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed topic title to reflect issue.

11 REPLIES 11
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Continual intermittent dropped packets

@rca212 wrote:

I don't know if I should still be posting here, or start a new thread,

but it's now two months since I reported a fault and nothing has improved.

My original fault (Question #137045213) seems to have been closed and I can't find a way to reopen it.

I'd suggest open a new thread to get more focus on it, doesnt look like you are getting packet loss on your chart, but its also not right so needs some help! Lots of people are probably ignoring this thread now as the packetloss has generally gone and it ends up being a catchall for other problems too.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Please check fault (Question #137045213)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Split for better visibility and title changed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You'd need to report a new fault I'm afraid.

Looking at your fault ticket you've had issues accessing PSN since we added the static IP, do you want me to remove that and see how it goes from there?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MrSilver
Pro

Chris,

I'm assuming most people don't know what "accessing PSN" means?

I am also assuming @rca212 dosent know if removing a static IP is going to resolve a problem or not.

I believe Plusnet started allocating statics in the early days of the new network to get round some problems which seem all to be cleared up (not to say there isn't other still out there mind!).

So rca212 I'd suggest you do want to remove the static IP and then if still having issues diagnose from there. If you get Chris to remove your static would be good to then post what issues you are still having so we can help here still.

thanks

ms

Chris
Legend

I'm assuming most people don't know what "accessing PSN" means?

I am also assuming @rca212 dosent know if removing a static IP is going to resolve a problem or not.

The customer does know what PSN means as that's exactly what they said on the fault ticket (PlayStation Network) and they advised they were having problems accessing this since they were assigned the new IP address. So the obvious step is to remove the static IP and see how that goes.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MrSilver
Pro

fair enough! 🙂 sorry couldnt see the original question, I guess my assumption of accessing PSN was part right as some of us didn't know what it meant, but you and the OP did so that's the main thing!

Chris
Legend

I should have expanded on what it meant, but we know now Wink

rca212
Dabbler

Hi Chris,

The PSN issue was with an old static IP I was assigned - I've since been given a new one which works OK.

In the old thread Bob Pullen mentioned this -

Thanks. Do you have another router you could try? Failing that, I'm wondering if there's some local exchange-level congestion as the MTR from me to you is clean through our network - then you have the two non-responsive hops before your router. Seems it's one of those last three hops where the issue is occurring. I'll try and find out the status of the SVLAN your traffic routes through.

but I don't know if he was able to check this out -

If not, I'll start another fault report -but from my past experience the responses from your team tend to focus on my  download / upload speeds (which seem fine) rather than the latency issues I am experiencing?

MrSilver
Pro

Hi

If you go to https://www.dslchecker.bt.com what exchange does it say you are on?
Thanks
MrSilver
Pro

@rca212 Did you go back to a non-static IP and did it resolve your issues?

rca212
Dabbler

Hi

If you go to https://www.dslchecker.bt.com what exchange does it say you are on?
Thanks

I get "Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXXX on Exchange PERTH is served by Cabinet XX"

@MrSilver wrote:

@rca212 Did you go back to a non-static IP and did it resolve your issues?

I'm still on a static IP adress -

I haven't had the chance to re-raise the fault yet, will try and get it done tomorrow