Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can you reset my banded profile?

Monty73
Hooked

Please can you reset my banded profile?

Hi,

Some months ago I had issues with my connection and the BTOR engineer seems to resolve it and get me back into the acceptable speed range. There seemed to be some ongoing, low level issue after this meaning my connection was banded at 35000. The max attainable speed fluctuated between low 30s and mid 40s, so the banding did its job and my SNR was down to around 3 with no drops.

There has been some recent work on the local network and since then the max attainable on my router has been consistently in the mid 40s and my SNR has increased to almost 10. It looks like with a little nudge to reset the profile I should get a bit nearer to my full 40/10 (allowing for losses etc). With two of us working at home and lots of streaming etc a little more bandwidth will make a big difference to us.

Cheers,

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Please can you reset my banded profile?

Hi @Monty73, thanks for getting in touch. I can confirm that when checking this side it looks like there is a banding with your speed profile to 35Mbps and I've requested this be removed which should take effect over the next 3 working days. Should you continue to see speed or performance issues beyond this then please don't hesitate getting back in touch and we'll happily look into this further for you.

Monty73
Hooked

Many thanks @BD for doing this. I will keep an eye on things and let you know what happens.

Matt

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Glad to see that @BD has been able to get this sorted for you @Monty73 Smiley

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please feel free to reach out.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds