cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, Please reset IP Profile

theFlash
Grafter

Please, Please reset IP Profile

The connection has been reset several time by ourselves to try to force a new IP as its constantly been in the problematic range (as informed by PlusNet). This has now dropped our line profile this morning down to 20mb!! It used to be around 38- 56mb. We are also capable of 56mb, according to BT engineer testing the line at our premises, and what we've experienced before network changes.

Please someone from plusnet, be nice to us and just give it a try...better than losing a customer.

12 REPLIES 12
aPNuser

Re: Please, Please reset IP Profile

Your not alone, my ip profile is set to 0.51mbs despite calls and and live chats i just feel im getting fobbed off, first i was told a 4 hour fix, then 24 hours then 72 hours now we will be in touch! More than a week now and nothing - like you im now seriously looking at moving

theFlash
Grafter

Sorry to hear there are others in the same boat.

We were told someone made the choice to migrate some customers onto new networks (new IP range). This may well be the cause of our issues going back weeks.

I've updated my support question and told them the price we're prepared to pay per month to get a better speed. If they don't respond to that, then its clear they have problems they cannot solve, which I dearly hope they can as we like PlusNet customer service.

Will update this thread when I know more.

aPNuser

Thanks for the update, please do let me know if it is sorted and i will do likewise, i also have been looking at competitors and while as you say they are more expensive all i want is a good reliable broadband.

theFlash
Grafter

Just been asked to change our username. We've been posting here for a long time, but never been told off. How do we even change our username?

I've just checked and we've had this username since 2012!

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

post reported to moderator who should be able to do it

theFlash
Grafter

BT state this, not that I necessarily believe them, but it gives an indication how far out of acceptible range for the line our service has become. This was indeed the level of speed we were getting from PlusNet before problems began.

FIBRE BROADBAND

You could get

48Mb-63Mb Estimated download speed range*
35Mb Minimum guaranteed speed(estimated but accurate to within 1-2mb)
aPNuser

Thats interesting, so i thought i would do the same check and found that my estimated speed for standard broadband is estimated at 4.5mb-11mb with a  guaranteed minimum of 3mb yet my IP profile is actually set at 0.51mb which struggles to load up basic websites let alone trying to stream anything.

aPNuser

Ive just found my broadband speed confirmation when i joined plusnet it says:-

Now that your service has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.

Estimated line speed: 11Mbps
Current line speed: 10.3Mbps

Yet my IP profile is now set at 0.51mb!

Please plusnet reset our IP profiles this has been going on for to long now and ive had enough of this as i think the other poster in this thread has.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@theFlash - Unfortunately we're not able to remotely reset the BT Speed profile on Fibre connections. This can only be done by an engineer visiting the cabinet and they will generally only do this after visiting the property to make sure there's nothing at fault that will cause DLM to just bring the profile back down after this.

The profile on our side is actually set higher than your Sync speed at the moment.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1624
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises. Please continue to submit a trouble report.
Main Fault Location CA
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 27.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 14.8 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 630.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-30M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

Judging from these test results, I'd recommend going through our troubleshooting guide and raising a fault here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@aPNuser -  Looks like DLM has applied chronic banding to your line. Likely due to all the disconnections on your line a few weeks ago:

I've put an SNR reset through on your line and increased the profile on our side, however if the connection starts dropping again, I would strongly recommend going through our troubleshooting guide and raising a fault if troubleshooting doesn't resolve the issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
aPNuser

@HarryB - many thanks, I have regained my faith in Plusnet, one question which is troubling me, your post shows i have had a few sessions close and reopen since 4pm on sat 16 July when i know my router has been on 24/7 since then, is this a normal occurrence or is this something i should be concerned about?

Many thanks again four your assistance

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Those few disconnections since the 16th July aren't a big cause for concern to be honest. It's normal for broadband to drop now and then. I would say 3-4 drops per day over a 72 hour period could need looking into as a fault. However it's usually done on a case by case basis.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button