Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation 4 pro problems....

FIXED
Discopimp
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

PlayStation 4 pro problems....

Hi.... I'm a massive battlefield 5 fanboy lol and for the past few weeks I've been getting this message " SERVER DISCONNECTED connection to EA timed out. Your network bandwidth and or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game" .... well I've played this game since launch and others also on my ps4 pro without problems but now it's unplayable. Ive tested my connection on my lan with nothing else plugged in and seem to be getting weird speeds on my ps4 over LAN and not great over wifi either also speed tested on my phone and lan on my pc... normally get 19ms ping on my phone and 25ms on pc so can't see how I'm getting latency issues.... please help as I'm going mad as now can't play my game.. ffffffssssss..
Ps I'm supposed to get about 37mb down and 7mb up

Thanks
34 REPLIES 34
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: PlayStation 4 pro problems....

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

We're aware of a issue in your local area that may be causing poor speeds and our suppliers are investigating.

We'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Discopimp
Dabbler

Thank you....

UPDATE! I've connected my ps4 to my phone using my o2 network data and my battlefield 5 worked instantly and every game I joined without any problems...... soon as I connected back over to my plusnet LAN or wifi I couldn't connect to a single game.... not very happy ..
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

We were advised the issue was resolved overnight.

Are you still having issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Discopimp
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the fast reply but nothing has changed... if anything I think I'm getting more Jitter on the line than I had before which I didn't recall having on previous speedtests .. maybe it could be the router playing up ?.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear this.

The speed tests you've done look to be on target for your sync rate of 35mbps. 

Can you try a factory reset of the router using the pinhole at the back letting us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Discopimp
Dabbler

Fix
Hi.... everything seems to be back to normal and I'm back on Battlefield on my LAN connection...

Thank you really appreciate the help 👍
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

That's great to hear @Discopimp. If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards please do let us know.

Malikk
Dabbler

Hi 

I'm new to the forum. I recently switched to Plusnet fibre broadband a month ago, but i have been getting huge latency problems on my PS4 Pro. i had sky fibre before and didn't have any problems, but now with Plusnet online gaming is a huge problem for me. i tried everything, from port-forwarding to DMZ, and switching off UPNP.  Please refer to the results of my tests below.

url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/44a8e3a8a96cb7a269a33b4324a25b5f40... Broadband Ping[/url

<a title="Broadband Ping" href="https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/44a8e3a8a96cb7a269a33b4324a25b5f40... alt="My Broadband Ping - Plusnet Hub one" src="https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/thumb/44a8e3a8a96cb7a269a33b4324a2..." /></a>

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Malikk,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your first link comes up with a 404 error and the second appears to link to the OP's lag thread.

Could you please post the results of a ping and tracert test directly into this thread (rather than an external link) and we'll take a look?

Best wishes

Dave

Malikk
Dabbler

Hi Dave 

Thank you for your quick reply. i am having a bit of a problem working out how to do this. I am using the BQM, but i am unsure how to share or view the full data. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Malikk,

There are a couple of ways, you should be able to copy and paste the photo directly into the rich text box. Alternatively, you can save the image to your device and then when you're replying here there will be some icons, one of them (detailed below highlighted in yellow) will allow you to upload the image to your reply. 

Malikk
Dabbler

5643ff4570c0b6c1a656f12debe32498dde9cf0e-19-02-2019(1).png

Tags (1)
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Thanks @Malikk

You got it spot on by the way.

So below I'm going to put some copies of your connection logs and your line test just for reference:

There's nothing of concern here. While there's one or two drops on the connection some of them look like router reboots (Im going to guess yourself when you've been having multiplayer issues?). The GEA looks great for your line too. 

A few questions, is it just gaming you're having an issue with, or are you having any other symptoms, for example is your speed consistent, and your connection working as expected?

Your PS4 Pro, do you connect over wireless or is it hardwired into your router?

Malikk
Dabbler

Only with online gaming, it's connected directly by cable. I normally play between 9:30 to around 12. This never used to happen when I was with sky. If carry out a network test at the ps4, the upload can fluctuate. Between 5 mbps to 100 mbps. And also get really long pings, it jumps from 10ms to 400ms. Occasionally I get nat problems too. I have tried dmz, port forwarding and turning off upnp. I spoke to plus net earlier and they sending me new router.
Tags (1)