Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned network maintenance 9th sept 2016

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Planned network maintenance 9th sept 2016

Well, whatever maintenance was carried out this morning has certainly made a total horses backside of my fibre connection!

Current download is 0.25mb/s and upload 1.9mb/s with websites taking forever to load or simply just timing out. Thanks very much for that Plusnet.

tales
Hooked

I just want to know now about compensation. Not just for the Internet, a days (so far) loss of my Netflix, Prime Video, Now TV and PSN.
*Edit* Still no Internet 15:54
RRM
Rising Star

Totally agree. Can't use other services that depend on internet connectivity.

and just seen this...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Fault-troubleshooter-maintenance-10th-Sep-22-00-11th-Se...

tales
Hooked

It takes the biscuit...
matthews
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you require compensation for loss of connectivity then you may be better off with a redundant connection from an ISP that guarantees uptime

You gets what you pays for Smiley
RRM
Rising Star

scottjh1989
Hooked

Mine seem's to be back to normal now ( i'm not on fibre though, but this seems to be an issue for everybody, not just people on fibre )

I have seen some of the reactions on Twitter and they are a bit over the top. Some saying they are cancelling their contract and some even putting screenshots proving they have just signed up somewhere else. Like things are actually going be any better with anyone else, every company has these problems. Just like with everything else, nothing is perfect, there are always going to be days when the internet goes down.

I would understand people's frustrations if this problem had been going on for days or weeks, but a few hours to a day ? it just seem's a bit overdramatic. The only issue i have had with these problems is how long Plusnet took to get the word out that something had happened. Other than that, it's hardly as bad as people have made it out to be. 

@tales wrote:
I just want to know now about compensation. Not just for the Internet, a days (so far) loss of my Netflix, Prime Video, Now TV and PSN.
*Edit* Still no Internet 15:54

You won't be getting compensation. Do you really expect them to pay out just because you couldn't use Netflix, Prime, Now Tv and PSN for a few hours in a day ?

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

Wrong Smiley 

I've been offered something "goodwill" by a plusnet support agent. I just have to wait until its actually fixed....

Marketman
Rising Star

Seems to be back to normal now.

Marketman
Rising Star

Well thought it was ok, down to 4mbps now!

RRM
Rising Star

I was told by a PlusNet customer service advisor - "if you are paying for the service and we don't provide it, then you are entitled to a refund for that period, if we are providing a services and you don't use it, it's still chargeable".

Overall my connection has been stable and reliable with PN than other providers I have used (hate their routers though), however I believe PN could have handled this a lot better and advised customers of issues.

Internet access is now becoming like a utility, we expect it to be always on, always available.

Havel
Grafter

My download speed has been going up and down faster tham Pamela Anderson on a trampoline. Not only that but random websites are taking ages to load.

alan666
Grafter

Still the same here, if not sorted am tomorrow I will take further action.
thejays16

We were connected today after waiting until half past 2 (given appointment time was 8am-1pm) when the guy got here he said he'd had a call but he didn't start work till 2! He left at half 5 phone works broadband X completely off!! After waiting 5week after they messed us about I really wish we hadn't gone with plus net, I don't think this is going to be a easy ride, I'm on the phone call waiting is 1 hour!!!
alan666
Grafter

Within 4-5 weeks of signing up I was getting 65-70mb download,  and around 20 upload, 4-6 months after the download dropped to around 62mb, over the last 6 months we have crepped down to lower 50mb... is this the norm ? if it is ( the reason for us to drop sky) we will drop plusnet also. . . . . the last week or so we have gone to lower 20mb, now we have the issue of not connecting at all or waiting several minutes of a page to load.. I am not impressed at all.

I expect more for  £39 per month !!!