cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned network maintenance 9th sept 2016

_nite

Re: Planned network maintenance 9th sept 2016

Was down (i.e. completely unusable - some site would load very slowly, some would just hang and / or error) for me too when I woke up the morning until I left for work. Hope it is back later.

sarczoid
Rising Star

I like Plusnet tbh, i've been with BT, you don't know bad customer service unless you have had to deal with BT, Vodafone, Virgin Media, TalkTalk (They are the benchmark for rubbish) and their support is a living nightmare, Indians without a clue reading scripts, hanging up on you, and continual lies.

That aside, plusnet is awful with customer correspondence.....

Never any emails on scheduled maintenance, changes to services or products, or in particular on any new channels on their TV Offering....

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Bit of a dilemma for PN when this sort of cockup happens - if they are up front and open about what's gone wrong they run the risk of appearing incompetent, if they say nothing it appears as if they couldn't care less about their customers.

Seems to me there has been a significant shift in policy towards the latter over the last few years. Sad

Breezerabbit

We are in North Yorkshire, and the service is very slow this morning. Could other users report their issues please? Time now is 11:20

tales
Hooked

I am in Suffolk. It has been and is still down. Not very happy when you have work to do.
*Edit* Time now 11:35
jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

When are plusnet actually going to start making use of the status page, they barely ever put faults up on it and when they do it's usually just before the problem is resolved. I don't see the point to having a status page if you aren't going to keep it up to date with on-going faults, this whole silence game is just ridiculous they never seem to want to acknowledge a problem when it happens.

Edit: having just rechecked status page they have finally put the fault up on their

thejays16

Hi we're in West Yorkshire and I'm waiting for a connection today..... I'm guessing it's not going to happen X
russellede
Dabbler

From the service status page and their twitter feed, they've taken notice.

Maybe now, they'll actually fix the wider issue that's been ongoing, and they can no longer claim it's a small number of users.

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

wow...

5 days and its now officially on the twitter and service status.

Took long enough! 

dee288
Hooked

I have had no internet access since yesterday afternoon. Not sure if it is the same problem as everyone else but don't think I can wait over half an hour on the phone! A check shows no Atm activity and PPP authentication failed. Tested everything I can so will wait to see if it is sorted.

Breezerabbit

Best source of information relating to today's service issues seems to be Plusnet's Twitter account Plusnet Help:

https://twitter.com/plusnethelp

or

@plusnethelp

Still very slow to load pages here in N Yorks. It's 13:35.

Breezerabbit

15:00 Glad to say that the connection speed in N Yorks is now much better!

dannyboy75
Rising Star

Better here now too Smiley

dee288
Hooked

Still nothing here in Taunton! Has been down for 24 hours now. The wait on the help line is 30min! On line chat has 52 ahead of me.
Marketman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My broadband hasn't been off today (North Derbyshire) but I just checked my speed (over several tests using BTW speed test) varying between 5 & 10mbps (normally around 24mbps)