cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlanetSide 2 patch server been unreachable since 28/01 now really slow

st22

PlanetSide 2 patch server been unreachable since 28/01 now really slow

As the title says, the PlanetSide 2 patch servers have been unreachable for me (and a friend also on plusnet) since 28/01 (friend with virgin media has no issues).
Today they have been reachable but with speeds at a few bytes per second.
After looking at the forums I found this post: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148159.0.html with similar symptoms but for imgur.com.
After reading this post by Bob Pullen: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148159.msg1304095.html#msg1304095 I ran pathping on the unreachable patch server (pls.patch.station.sony.com) and after about 5 minutes resolved the destination hwcdn.net which as the url suggests (but I checked to be sure anyway) belongs to Highwinds CDN.
It would be great if a fix could be scheduled for this too!
5 REPLIES 5
paulmh5
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PlanetSide 2 patch server been unreachable since 28/01 now really slow

Hi
I'm hoping this gets fixed in the next 24 hours as I've got the same issue just assumed Daybreak were being DDoSed so played something else... Roll_eyes
Plusnet Staff - Lead Network Design/Delivery Engineer
st22

Thanks for update.
I did initially but after seeing Millers population at its usual, I contacted Daybreak (waste of time) and then popped on the forums to see others having similar issues with different services.
st22

Fixed.
st22

Same issue has returned.
Bodman

Can confirm there's still a problem. Tried patching Planetside 2 last night, it was downloading a 55 meg file at around 4-5k per second. Fired Steam up and was downloading at my usual 5.9 MB / second. Had similar slow downloads on the 3rd of February too.

Bodman