cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick this up asap please PN lowerd my speed to a lower package and got it wrong

SE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Pick this up asap please PN lowerd my speed to a lower package and got it wrong

Ok after a engineer visit he found no line problems
what he did find however was that my line was capable of getting up to 53 meg
and that the ISP or CP (PLUSNET) was capping the speed to 40 meg (as my control panel says you are)

so i now want out or i want this sent up to the top
as you can see by the screen shot the line can and should be getting 46 but is getting 40 and as you can see in the control panel 40 is what it says you are giving me

i have sent you screen shots of my 53 meg sync that ive had for years
the problem is you changed the names of the packages a few years ago!
i was on the 20/80 unlimited fibre, then you changed the name of the 20/40 package to unlimited fibre and the 20/80 package to unlimited fibre extra.
i stayed on the 20/80 package under the old name
then after a new contract i was put on the 20/40 package and i can see that because of the 10 meg speed drop and it says i am
i want my speed back and now compensation
i will report this to the watch dog and a internet website asking both for help

one way to unlock the speed would be to move me on to a new package and then put me on the new name unlimited fibre extra 20/80

there should be no more need to talk about this and it does not matter if billing say im on 20/80 and that support say i'm on 20/80 the O R man and my control panel say im on the 40 and thats what im getting

please pass this up the chain
ive also called head office re this
look at the screen shot as you can see its you who slowing the speed

i want out

it should not be a problem to move me should it

very [-Censored-]ed off now after the visit confirmed it was capped by the cp

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Pick this up asap please PN lowerd my speed to a lower package and got it wrong

The connection speed shown on your router pages shows we're *not* capping your speed at 40Mb/s. Your line is performing within the estimates for your service, I'm very sorry that you do not want to accept this answer however it is the correct answer.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SE
Rising Star

no sorry test showed the cp was capping so im out

i lost 10 meg over night and my package page was changed to say 40 meg

now you dont seem to be able to read

you can see its capped at 40 as the o r guy said now atm i should get 45 to 46 and after the package is changed it should return to 53

Chris
Legend

You are not being capped. The line test result shown on https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Pick-this-up-asap-please-PN-lowerd-my-speed-to-a-lower... proves that you are on an 80/20 profile without any capping being applied.

I'm very sorry the engineer has misadvised you, however your line is not being capped and the speeds you are getting are within the estimates and where we'd expect your line to be on an 80/20 service.

This is nothing at all to do with the package on our system or the account change process that you've screenshotted, the speed of your line is only being limited by the limitations of the line itself.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SE
Rising Star

the should be no problem setting the package to extra !!!

as you can [-Censored-]ing see it says 40 meg package under the NEW name of unlimited fibre and it shout be extra!!!!

[-Censored-]s

SE
Rising Star

Sorry to be happy for myself but he didn't miss advise me and as i told PN right from the start, PN had put me on the 20/40 package and my speed was capped at 40 meg

well after getting PN to do what i asked and take me off the 20/40 and back on to 20/80 (extra) my speed shot up and should be back to 50+ when the DLM feels like it i guess.

please see pic PN fixed

i wont be arrogant and say a lot of PN staff and co need to go for a retrain 😉

in the end i was right and all that was needed was me to be moved on the the extra package

live and learn, but it could be seen that the speed was restricted by the screen shots

big thx to Rob (who knows his stuff)

i hope im not getting billed for the engineer as this is all plusnet

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

That seems a lot of fuss to get the package shown on the member centre changed, especially when the physical performance has not changed!

SE
Rising Star

Are you joking! ive got 10 meg back! and the speed tests show it

you dont seem to understand

you may not give a [-Censored-] and [-Censored-] your money away but i do like to get what i pay for and i need the speed

why should i pay for a 20/80 and get 20/40 and get 40 meg down when it was 50 meg

if you think its about a name then you haven't a clue

renaming the package to what it should be unlocked the cap letting me get the speed i had and that i pay for

so no fuss at all mate, just getting what I pay for!

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

No I am not joking, read the thread again, see if you can find any before or after speed tests!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

He's deleted the screenshot that showed an IP profile far above 40Mbs Grin
Browni
Aspiring Hero

@Chris Bumping this because it looks like the same thing has happened to somebody else on the Thinkbroadband site

Link

Chris
Legend

Nothing happened here though Browni, we hadn't altered the speeds at all it was just the estimates that were showing wrong on package change. The actual line rate/sync rate are still exactly the same as previously.

I'll try and get on to TBB next week if I can

Browni
Aspiring Hero

Exactly my point @Chris, nothing had changed but the member centre was showing it wrong. That's two occurrences in a week, how many more people are going to get stressed out thinking their speed has been cut back to 40/2?
Skippy70
Dabbler

make that another as i have been on 80 20 for quite sometime but after considering knocking off talk anytime I get this in product change

THIS IS YOUR CURRENT BROADBAND PACKAGE

• Unlimited Usage Allowance
  • 38Mb - 40Mb download speed (estimated)
  • 1Mb - 2Mb upload speed (estimated)

so I think something is wrong somewhere as my speed tests are pretty consistent at this

6193676797.png

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Skippy70 - I'm unsure as to why the Member Centre is indicating your package speed being 40/2 however from your speed test results you've posted we can see that you're certainly achieving more than this.

I can also confirm that your current profile rate on our systems is 64400 kbps, which is on target for the sync rate of 67 Mbps which is actually above your speed estimate of between 49 Mbps and 66.7 Mbps.

Your speed test result of 58 Mbps looks OK for your current sync rate however are you connecting using a wired or wireless connection?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button