Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick this up asap please PN lowerd my speed to a lower package and got it wrong

SE
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Pick this up asap please PN lowerd my speed to a lower package and got it wrong

Wow after all the messing and stress i get a call saying PN have lowered my speed to 40 as thats what i pay for and thats the name of my package [-Censored-]

i pay for 76 unlimited and have done for years

when i renewed my contract i was leaving PN for a better and cheaper ISP so PN said they would match the price if i stayed for two years

the sales guy said oh your on the low one, i told him no its the 76 one but still has the old name and that confuses PN staff

now PN are saying i have to pay more for the package ive had for years and that was agreed to match voda

i want my bloody speed back asap

so can some one at PN please set it back to what ive had for years!!!!

can someone pick this up asap and sort it out as PN support is slow taking days or weeks to reply

from the start ive have the top PN package or 76

I AM ON UNLIMITED FIBRE EXTRA ON A TWO YEAR CONTRACT SO AS AGREED I PAY LESS TO STAY

THE PACKAGE NAME WHEN I FIRST GOT IT WAS UNLIMITED FIBRE this is what confuses PN staff

this is what messed it up

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Traffic-priority-has-gone-Videos-block-out-games-amp-v...

34 REPLIES 34
SE
Rising Star

Re: Pick this up asap please PN lowerd my speed to a lower package and got it wrong

This is what i got fron PN [-Censored-]

"I tried to call you today but there was no answer. As per my message, I am sorry for any confusion over this matter, your account is a maximum of 40mbit, previously even on this account you could receive higher speeds, but after our traffic management began properly restricting the speed to 40mbit , you can no longer receive the higher speed unless you upgrade your account. If you wish to receive higher speeds, please look at our products at www.plus.net Sorry for any inconvenience."

are PN [-Censored-]ing joking! im on the 76 one and have been for years and i pay for it too

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Pick this up asap please PN lowerd my speed to a lower package and got it wrong

Hopefully staff will pick this up soon Wink   and sort it out

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm very sorry for the poor response on your fault ticket where the agent advised you are on the lower package.

If we disregard that response, the previous responses on the fault ticket do however explain the issue.

Your line is currently synced at:

Downstream Speed 45.1 Mbps

Upstream Speed 8.9 Mbps

This is not a Plusnet restriction but is a limitation of the line, this is also well within the estimates for your line which are:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 54.3 40 11.9 7.7 35 Available -- -- -- --

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SE
Rising Star

Just had a new phone call saying that there is a plusnet cap on our line of 40

and we are told it was set after a new contract set us to the mid speed 40 one

this and a 10 meg drop overnight right after a new contract is in no way excepatable

i want out, PN as one post put it had gone so far down hill it's not worth staying

the profile speed says 42.27 and now the max speed says 42.27 with no head room, why? when it used to be higher, it does not seem to be letting the line do what it can as it does on the upload profile of 20 line speed of 8

but anayway the only way to sort this is with head office as im getting calls and txt saying im on 40 (and thats what speed im getting) and must pay more to get my 50+ back

and i have others saying no the line is free to sync at its best speed

i think PN needs to re train its lower staff as i dont know what the heck to do/think Sad

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I can confirm there is no cap of 40 Mb on our side. Your package is Plusnet Unlimited Fibre, the equivalent of Unlimited Fibre Extra and the provisioned speed via our systems is 80000 kbps at a current connection rate of 78000 kbps actually 43600 kbps (It looks like the speed profile was manually increased on our side).

I am sorry to hear your speeds have dropped, however the sync rate of 45 Mb is currently still within your estimate as above, so we'd be hard to pressed to raise a fault to our suppliers.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Run the BT performance test and when the first test completes run the further diagnostics. The IP Profile will confirm if you are provisioned correctly.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This shows you're provided on the 80/20 wholesale product and the speeds you're getting are due to the line itself and no restrictions applied by us.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 45.1 Mbps
Upstream Speed 8.9 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 702.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 09:00 to 20:00
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 14
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2017-03-11T10:30:00
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SE
Rising Star

Hi my speed is locked to the 40 but from 13 until now it never was and ive been paying for the 76 meg package

im shocked that no one at PN seem to know you changed your package names a few years ago???

when i stated i got 57 and about 14 up with a profile set to something like 76 or a little lower (way over 60)

the name of the 76 package used to be called plusnet unlimited fibre and thats what we got and paid for

now the package i had was renamed to extra (and for the last 2 years has confused pn staff as i kept the old name)

as you can see in the screenshot the name was called plusnet unlimited fibre at the time and the package was 76, PN estimated it at 47 down but i got 57 down

i was also paying for the top one too

see pic wtf3

NOW looking at my account i can see im capped at 40 meg on the mid speed package

see pic wtf2

even when i had a line fault and had to have a new line, even with the lower temp speed you can see the profile is 55

see pic wtf1

so i want it set back as i pay for my 50 meg (what i get after the cab filled up from 57 to 50)

see pics

i also have start up info saying im on the top 76 package that came when i started with pn

as you can see by pic 1 i was unlimited and my profile with errors on the line was lowerd but still over 50

as you can see by pic 2 that is what my package now says today (capped)

as you can see by pic 3 i was on the 76 one and pn guessed i would get 47 but got 57 (that was my start up info from 2013

SE
Rising Star

Also this is what i got only a week or so ago

see pic wtf4

also as you can see we were on the 76 meg package

this is what we got at first so not the 40 meg one

see pic speed

phone calls and my control panel say pn have put me on th capped 40 meg and thats what i get

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm unsure as to why the product change page shows your current product speed to be 40/2.

I can confirm that your speed is definitely not restricted via your Plusnet account nor by our suppliers. As I mentioned before, Plusnet Unlimited Fibre = Unlimited Fibre Extra.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
SE
Rising Star

Somethings not right

because just off the phone and the guy said it was capped at 40 and he was removing the cap

2 things that changed

1 a new contract snd mix up with the name \9old name for 76 is now for 40)

2 i reported games pings were high and videos made games pings too high so PN staff said i was on the wrong speed or profile (see this post for the other link) so set it again or set to lower (sorry 100 and 1 things to do so cant remember fully)

the speed drop was right after the PN staff tried to fix the pings and the new contract started

SE
Rising Star

Hi

yes just done it and there is now no down headroom

it says profile 42.27 max speed 42.27

before the drop it said something like (sorry looking for the old screen shots) profile 57 or 68 or 76 and max speed 57

sorry stressed out and on the phone as i type this

there used to be headroom on the download like on the upload (profile 20 max speed 8.03)

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm unsure as to why the adviser you spoke to over the phone maxed out the speed profile on your account to 78000 kbps because your sync rate as indicated above is 45.1 Mbps.

I've moved this back down to the correct level.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I'd like to attempt to clarify a bit about the profiles.

Upstream: On 80/20, everyone's upstream profile will be 20, no matter what sync speed they get.

Downstream: Everyone's downstream IP profile will be automatically set to about 96.7% of the sync speed. The profile does not control the sync speed. The sync speed controls the profile, and the profile is always set to slightly below the sync speed.