Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number or postcode for speeds

jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Phone number or postcode for speeds

Hello
I hope that my cab will be enabled in the next few weeks (they have been doing quite a bit of work lately) i usually use my post code and house number to check dates and speeds. I have noticed a huge drop in the projected estimates using my postcode, however using my phone number the speeds are much higher.
What do plusnet use? Its the upload speeds I'm really after so I'd be disappointed if I had to get the 40/2 package Sad
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Re: Phone number or postcode for speeds

Phone number, always use phone number.
Andrue
Pro

Postcode based checks can only be approximate because a postcode covers a dozen or more houses and potentially quite a large area. They might be more accurate with a house number if one is given but that probably depends on whether BT's checker links that to an actual telephone line which it might not be able to.
Telephone number based checks will based on what BT actually knows about that specific telephone line so are potentially totally accurate.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@jrilton
Plusnet will use the "Impacted Range" values and if the lower number on the download speed is less than 44Mbps then they will not let you order the 80/20 option.
Just a heads up.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jrilton
Rising Star

Thanks! I'm glad as my line check with my phone number is 62mbps, with my postcode its only 20mbps!
I hope its not too much longer before its active. They have the chamber below the cabenet open right now.