Phone number broadband supplied on incorrect

FIXED
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Phone number broadband supplied on incorrect

Hi

I've just spotted something odd, which I'm hoping a member of staff can help us with.  I'm at the in-laws and they've just received their phone bill from BT, which looks high, so I've just been looking at saving them some money on it.

When I went to the product change with Plusnet (broadband is with you), the speed estimates are showing as n/a.  I've then noticed that the phone number is different.  What's happened previously is BT have renumbered the line, so it is the old number showing with Plusnet.

Once we've solved this we might be able to get the phone over to Plusnet as well!

Thanks

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Phone number broadband supplied on incorrect

Fix

Hi Phil, I'll be happy to help.

I think I've found their account, however just to make sure please could you private message me with their account username, along with their home phone number for me to update?

Thanks,

Anoush.

+Edit+

Thank you for your private message @pjmarsh I've updated their home phone number on their account now.

You should be able to use the product change now. I hope this helps Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Many thanks @Anoush, that's looking much better.  We just need to check if they are still in a contract with BT or not, and if not I'll get them switched over.  My father-in-law spent over an hour on the phone to them earlier this afternoon and still couldn't find anyone who could tell him that!

Thanks

Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problems Phil. Feel free to let me know on here once they've begun the transfer and I'll be happy to help make sure it's as smooth as possible.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button