cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line reconnected today and magically I've changed ISP!

stevebottrell

Phone line reconnected today and magically I've changed ISP!

My phone line and my neighbours phone line were reconnected today after waiting a week and two different engineers visits.

Got a text this morning saying work has completed, great i thought, I switched router and the openreach fttc modem back on, no internet. The router is pretty old now, the Technicolor TG532N router, so i do a factory reset enter my details in the username and password fields on the broadband page. No joy just kept saying 'Disconnected by user', but plugging my PC Ethernet cable directly into the openreach modem, instantly have internet.

Great, just do a speedtest to check things, speed is a little down but it is working. I do two or three tests when I noticed the ISP on the results of the Speedtest say TalkTalk. Now im sure before the phone line went down, it used to say Plusnet.

So at the moment I am connected to the internet with no username and password AND on the wrong ISP.

10522182644.png

Bearing in mind my neighbour and I have both had our phones reconnected at the same time, does anyone think the engineers have connected the wrong wire pairs together.

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Phone line reconnected today and magically I've changed ISP!

Sounds like the ports may have been switched.

Would be worth dialling 17070 on your phone to see what is going on with the voice circuit.

stevebottrell

Yes, dialing 17070 gives me the wrong telephone number, I had an open question on the fault checker but it has been closed saying it has been resolved, so I guess I will have to open yet another fault to get this fixed
stevebottrell

After speaking to neighbour, it was a crossline issue. Our neighbour had the bt engineers phone number, contacted him direct and it was sorted within 2 hours. so problem solved, Thanks