Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone interfering with broadband,

Techynan
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Phone interfering with broadband,

Hi, Been with PN for just a couple of weeks. Noticed the long light and broadband icon flashing red sometimes but just thought it was adjusting ? However, it turned off completely this morning, and I ve taken more notice. Its my phone , it sets it flashing when the phone hangs up. I can t say that its just the phone, but after playing around with it , ringing it, definitely one of the reasons the router flashes. 

I m not sure what to do, as this means the internet sometimes cuts out . Its a cordless Panasonic. They of course share the same plug and can t be moved too far apart. 

I have spoken on the chat thing, and was told the line was fine. Is  there anything I can do apart from disconnecting my phone.?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Phone interfering with broadband,

Hi there,

The type of issue you've described tends to be caused by either an issue with how the equipment is set up or can be a fault.

I can see you've reported a fault, would it be possible for you to send us a photo of where the router connects to the socket so we can rule out any obvious issues with how things are set up?

You can attach that to the open ticket via this link and feel free to let us know when you have by replying back to this thread

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=148157433

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Techynan
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

The fault has been rectified sort of.. it was my cordless phone, so I ve disconnected it and going to maybe buy a DECT phone (maybe).. thanks for all your help but i now have another.... 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, no worries and thanks for letting us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team