cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phaeton issue ( was Re: Sam Knows White Box on a Capped Contract)

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Phaeton issue ( was Re: Sam Knows White Box on a Capped Contract)

Chris. Maybe Phaeton hadn't realised all was not well until he started seeing some issues for whatever reason. Two things are for certain -
1) he has the proof - Sam Knows - that he was previously on 80/20 - whatever name you choose to call it.
2) he says that he was told there would be no change to his broadband by adding LRS which there certainly shouldn't be in any case - changing a phone package shouldn't affect the broadband package.
AND
3) if you can't prove that he was told his package would be 40/20 after adding the phone, then you MUST go by his evidence.
4) As Plusnet pay OR the same for 80/20 as for 40/20, refusing to resolve this, is pure obstinacy (and that's the polite phraseology)!
Phaeton
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
Unlimited Fibre at £14.99 is *not* 80/20. That's the lower of the 2 products. The previously sold Plusnet Unlimited Fibre was £19.99 and that was 80/20.
I'm sorry but my previous responses in this thread are still the same I'd say now. The new product was advised on the account, we provided 14 days to query the contract and didn't get any question on this until around 5 months later.

@Chris If I was on the £14.99 please arrange a refund of 28x £5 as it appears I was being invoiced incorrectly for the whole period.
As to why I didn't complain within 14 days, I DIDN'T KNOW within 14 days, it is not until I am consistently being told by SK's that the line is not as good as before. I did ring up twice (I think) to be told there was nothing wrong
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Chris If I was on the £14.99 please arrange a refund of 28x £5 as it appears I was being invoiced incorrectly for the whole period.

That was prior to recontracting. You *were* on the 80/20 variant. You recontracted to the 40/20 variant. If you'd like to go back to 80/20 please contact our Customer Options Team who can arrange this.
Sorry but there really is nothing further I can add to this thread.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Phaeton
Rising Star

@Chris
I did not recontract to a lower specification product, I work from home quite regularly which totally relies on the Internet I would not have agreed to a reduction in service.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I would get onto Customer options and have a damned good moan and if they won't resolve it, raise a formal complaint as previously suggested by jelv.
Phaeton
Rising Star

Just to finish this off, I was working on Saturday night (18:00) when I suddenly lost all Internet, looking up at the router it had lost DSL link, it then started trying to sync again, I logged onto the router to see that it was disconnected, it then connected, 46,6 Mbit/s 9,3 Mbit/s. I then received an email from Plusnet support stating that although 80/20 was £5pm more they put me back onto this product with a suitable discount, I would like to think this is due to somebody coming to their senses rather than asking for a deadlock letter.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Glad to see that it finally got resolved, my guess would be asking for the deadlock made them realise that they had no case to answer for should it had gone further and did what they should have done from the start .