Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Time slowdown

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Peak Time slowdown

Still Plusnet for me on a static IP address.

davenos
Rising Star

@Browni Id never heard of that software before so thank you for the heads up, i'll get it installed and give it a go.

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Very odd

Let's be careful out there !
davenos
Rising Star

I ran the software to monitor my connection every 60 minutes yesterday and it gave some odd results, the upload at times was reported to be far in excess of what my line can actually handle (19mbps at some points on a line that won't achieve 8mbps)so im discounting it as flawed and inaccurate on the upload, the download however was spot on and it showed a gradual consistent decline from 4:30pm till 8:30pm when it stopped dropping and stayed at 4.65mbps until 11:30pm when it wen back up to 34mbps(my testing started at 10:30am so that is the reason for the results being on the half hour).

I dropped the session before i started to try and get a different IP address to see if it would make a difference but i didn't get a different IP address(for a dynamic system it really isn't working that way at all at the moment).

Maxam
Grafter

Speeds have been better for me the last few days but back to slow speed again tonight.

davenos
Rising Star

Well i had call on my answer phone when i got in today from PlusNet(despite asking them to call my mobile),the agent started by saying no fault existed when they ran the test today(the one they said on my ticket was run on the 7/8th December), he then went on to say it was probably caused by contention at the exchange that BT had now fixed which is odd as earlier in this thread my line was checked and that wasn't an issue.
Does anyone at Plusnet actually know what's going on as yet again I've had conflicting information and why was i told that tests where being done on the 7/8th when they clearly weren't?.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

I just had a horrible experience while changing my router (hence the several big red blocks) but that session around 1930 was dire. Thankfully I've got myself back onto a decent gateway.

52dab5682b66f907a0fe0357200d3920

Let's not have that route again, please PN Shocked

herojan
Grafter

I've had awful speeds tonight, up and down all over the place, both collindale and south bank

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

I like this 1 195.166.130.254 

davenos
Rising Star

I have just noticed I've had a reply to my ticket and Plusnet in astounded by it. The issue is now being blamed on my wireless signal, this despite my fault report stating in using a wired connection.
You staff are either ignoring what i reported or are so inept that they cannot solve it so are blaming the usual suspect even though it does not apply to me.
The level of service I've received is abysmal and the tech support has been woeful.
To the staff here i deserve some real answers, I've only had a usable service for 50% of the day for the last 20+ weeks, at the very least i should be offered a discount fir the same period and for the constant lies and contradicting information.
Maxam
Grafter

That's very frustrating Davenos. Now let's see if the speed goes back to normal come 11pm.

davenos
Rising Star

I can guarantee that by 11.05pm the speeds will be back to normal.
Its beyond frustrating its downright insulting, im just being fobbed off as they either have no clue what's going on or they do know and don't want to admit it as it will cost them to fix it.
Either way I'll have time tomorrow to raise a formal complaint so the eight week process can begin, and i can then report them to Ofcom for their substandard service and the lies I've been told which i can back up with the replies to the tickets.
herojan
Grafter

It's been obvious to me that staff have replied to my tickets in the past without reading my previous posts. They have said they have tried to phone me when they haven't. There are some good techie guys out there but most of them really have no idea or not enough time. With this whole 'new network' debacle I will seriously think about leaving when my contract is up next year.

I got onto one of the new IR gateways today, absolutely awful pings and speeds.

I hope you get some satisfaction with the problem.

Maxam
Grafter

At the moment my speed is getting slower. Should be around 30mb.

Maxam
Grafter

Just before midnight and it's back to normal.