cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 50mb minimum, receiving 2.3

Chargrange
Dabbler

Paying for 50mb minimum, receiving 2.3

Hi, I’m wondering why I’m receiving such terrible connection, my router is in the same place as my sky box, but I’m receiving 40mb less. This is causing some serious agro as we moved across because of the better “minimum”.

Any suggestions? As to why it’s so bad. I get my first bill in 2 days, I’m really not happy with the first two days of my sub. Yesterday I had 20. Today 2.3.
9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Paying for 50mb minimum, receiving 2.3

How about posting some router stats, log into the router, go to the Advanced/Troubleshooting/Help Desk tab and post that, hiding your username.

Then let us know how and waht with you are getting those speeds.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Chargrange  check that the username configured in the router is correct and not setup@plusdsl.net

1. Connect a device onto the router's WiFi or plug a laptop/PC into the router using an ethernet cable

2. Go to the router's homepage at http://192.168.1.254

3. Click on the Advanced Settings tab

4. Type in the admin password found from the back of the router and click the OK button

5. Click on the Continue to Advanced Settings button then the Broadband tab

6. If there's a Disconnect button, click that

7. Change the username to the broadband username in the format of username@plusdsl.net If you can't remember this I'd check for any emails PLUSNETsent you as they'd add the username to the top of the email.

8. Type in the account password, this can be reset here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if needed.

9. Hit the Connect button.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @Chargrange

Thanks a lot for reaching out. did the authentication steps above resolve this issue for you? I'd run a test on the line to see if you're logged into the router but I can't seem to locate your account from your Forum profile. Feel free to send me a PM with the account username if you're still having problems.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Chargrange
Dabbler

Hi Adam, I don't know how to reply to you directly?

What information would you need, its becoming frustrating, I decided to move across but wifi on phones, laptops and ps4 have been dramatically slower.

What information do you need? this isn't the account for the log in, just one I made to speak.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Chargrange I don't think Adam is in today, and to get a reply to you quickly :- if you click his avatar on the left of his post it will open a tab on the right to allow you to send him the message.

He needs your Account user name.

John
Chargrange
Dabbler

Hi Jab, Thanks for replying, I've left him the information,

Do you know anyone who is in that would be able to sort this?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

There's only one other staffer in today - and he is working through outstanding queries, unlikely to get to you today, but Adam should be back tomorrow.

John
Chargrange
Dabbler

No worries, Thank you!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Chargrange

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your speed.

I've picked up the private message you've sent Adam, and tested your line. From what I can see the tests are showing your router's getting a download speed that's been stable at 68.7mbps with no drops for the last 11 days. 

I suspect the issue may be more to do with the wireless signal around your home, so I'd recommend going through some wireless troubleshooting steps explained Here. If you can though plug your laptop into the router using an ethernet cable and run a speed test, that'll tell you if the issue is definitely to do with WiFi or there's another issue at hand.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet