cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay more Get less

Reason5
Grafter

Pay more Get less

Well hate having to post anything negative here as Iv been a long term customer and have had nothing but good things to say about my Service with Plusnet ..

However just renewed another 12 months could of gone and got it slightly cheaper but Iv been happy here ...nearly two weeks in my line speed has gone and dropped from 65/70 AV to 56 and upload to a slight dropped as well ...Iv spoken to Tech department today to as the to maybe reboot my nic but they told me a load of daft simple stuff which iv done already nothing changed ...Really quite disapointed at a reduced Service but this what happens as Plusnet gets bigger and more popular you become just another customer..Hope this is not the case Plusnet !!! Hate to have to part ways (

9 REPLIES 9
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Pay more Get less

Hi @Reason5, I'm sorry that you have noticed a drop in speed.

Testing the line hasn't detected anything out of the ordinary and is showing that you are in sync a little over 69mb.

So we can best advise, can you clarify if the speeds your side were tested over a wired or wireless connection?

If it's affecting a wired connection also, if you haven't already I'd run through our troubleshooting guides here.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Reason5
Grafter

Thank you for reply but like I said all thats been done I spoke to Tech today give me very Basic do which have been done I think , Maybe it would be better to listen to what customer is telling you guys than making it look like you are doing something about it ...after a quick look through the Forum I can already see I'm not the only one ...I'm not trying to be rude or anything as I explained to the lovely Girl on the phone today I'm a qualified IT and Fibre engineer .. It will just be a case of loosing a long term customer . Thank you x

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Reason5

Thanks for coming back to us.

The MGALS for your line is 45.7mb/s. At present, your line is syncing up at around 69mb/s so is significantly above this figure.

If you connect the router to the test socket of your premises and perform a wired speed test and that test is below the MGAL for your line, we'll happily send an engineer out to investigate this for you. However. we cannot do that until you confirm the wired speed test results for your premises.

If the wired speed test is above the MGAL for your line, sending an engineer would be fruitless as it's likely that no fault will be found. This doesn't mean we can't troubleshoot the issue further, but it does mean the troubleshooting we'd perform would vary depending on the results.

Please let us know the results of a wired speed test from the test socket (as per the ticket on your account) and we'll be happy to progress this for you.

Best wishes

Dave

Reason5
Grafter

UPDATE !!!  Today speed test just incase you were all falling for the BS

3MEG Download 13.74 up load picture is the screen shot ... Fuming that must of been the end of the 14 day cooling off period how strange

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, sorry to see that speeds are still an issue but I'm sure we can help. 

Could you let us know what results you're seeing from a wired speed test please? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Reason5
Grafter

FROM BAD TO VERY BAD !!

Well guess you just could not make this [-Censored-] up even after my bad start renewal with Plusnet after many happy years I'm afraid you have gone to far now ..... Past three months it appears they have taken it upon them self's to charge me Double and leave me with over £60 worth of bank charges for been over drawn.

When I phoned I thought I might of got at least got a full refund and the charges returned ...No

Just threatened with extra charges if I leave before end of Contract ended and how did they word it Oh yeah Gesture of good will .... Just reading Trust Pilot reviews today Ill quoting what someone has put on there "WOULD RATHER CHEW GLASS " couldn't of put it better myself and R.I.P.   Really Really Bad Customer Service

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Reason5

I'm really sorry to read about your experience and that you are unhappy.

On checking your account I can see that you had a conversation with some of my colleagues regarding this.

Unfortunately, we cover in our terms and conditions that we don't cover financial loss.

This can be found under:

12. Our responsibility to you

12.1. If something goes wrong we'll always look to put things right but, except as set out in paragraph 12.3, we'll never be responsible for:

12.1.1. financial loss;

I can see that a gesture of goodwill has been offered towards your service of which we feel is proportionate regarding the issues you encountered with your billing.

I'm more than happy to give you a call regarding this but I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to refund bank charges.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Kind Regards

KevH
Rising Star

Financial loss may be excluded in the contract but it may not pass the ‘is this contract clause fair’ test. Probably the only way to test this clause would be a small claim to recover your costs as places such as trading standards are probably stretched too thin these days to be able to offer any effective help.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Reason5,

I've just been reading through all of the tickets on the account and would like to give you a call to discuss your issues.

Are you available today on the telephone number you'd sent over as a ticket?